1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3020 after battery work- Mod 10 service plug disconnect?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gumbercules, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Prius RT

Prius RT Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wanted to verify if my hybrid battery was replaced with NEW. Believe in "Trust but verify".

This is the next project. Hopefully I can tackle this in 2 weeks. Will be getting a new part likely from olathetoyota. Have to figure where to do the labor. Absolutely need person with gen 2 Prius ABS pump replacement experience

#41 Prius RT, Jun 21, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2024
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    A hate to be a master of the obvious but if you need alternative shops tell us where you are…

Also it’s bad form to post your comment inside someone else’s quote. Most won’t even realize it’s there.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No sorry. This is the newest label, and I haven't found any information to decode it if it even contains the manufacture date.

The Toyota label has 240118 printed on it. This may be 24 Jan 2018 but it also be 18 Jan 2024. Do either of these make more sense than the other?
    The 24 you see is likely not a year code. The 47031 that forms the '4' you are looking at is the first number of the second half of the part number - G9510-47031

It is possible that the first 7 digits (0F2PA42) may contain date information but I don't know the decode at present.
    He is in Las Vegas, NV according to his location in his bio.

#43 dolj, Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    Prius RT likes this.
  4. Prius RT

Prius RT Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    †***********"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

It's a toyota dealership. Highly likely it's a NEW battery. I have had some bad incidents at local mechanic shops here which is the reason I like to verify.
    I went in with a quote to replace hybrid battery.
    On the flip side, I probably may not have needed a replacement..it probably could have been just some wires going bad...overheating and possibly dirt. I only got p3000 p3020(i did not get p0A80). In searching this forum, one guy who had this had to just replace the wires.
    This is probably what happened

Cabin air filter was super dirty. Caused the blower motor to run sometimes and sometimes not. The day before I got red triangle, I remember I had turned on AC for several mins (partly when i was parked) and it was not coming on because of dirt in blower motor. This may have overheated H battery and then the H battery fan almost started continuously blowing.
    The times when AC won't start for several mins, I stop the car remove the cabin air filter and manually give that blower a few rotations. Then I start the car, magically the AC starts immediately .
    Have replaced the filter. Will be replacing blower assembly next week.

bisco likes this.