1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3107 Error Code..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Rocco Gaglioti, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Rocco Gaglioti

Rocco Gaglioti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am getting a P3107 and I am thinking I need to check all the plugs and maybe I need to replace my
    HV control module
    ECU. Does anyone know where the Gen 3 ECU Location is on a Toyota Prius 2013? P3107 Toyota Code - Airbag ECU Communication Circuit Malfunction Automatic Transmission

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The P3107 code indicates that the power management control ECU is having trouble communicating with the Airbag ECU. The problem could be in the wiring or connectors between the two ECUs, or either one or the other of the ECUs could be bad.

The power management control ECU is one of the ones in the ECU motel behind the glove boxes. The airbag ECU is more centrally positioned, IIRC, down on the floor ahead of the heater. The wiring diagram will show how they are connected.

I just looked briefly in a PDF that's around somewhere of the Gen 3 repair manual, but it was made by some folks clicking "print to file" thousands of times in the online repair manual, and there were whole sections they missed. I see that the troubleshooting for P3107 is one of the sections missing from that PDF. So the easiest way to find those troubleshooting instructions will be to look in the real manual:

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Also, the whole airbag section in that "Gen 3" PDF is out of a Gen 2 manual and got pasted in there by mistake. So, again, the real manual will be where to find the real stuff.

3. Rocco Gaglioti

Rocco Gaglioti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You are awesome. Thank you. It is also accompanied by this error. In the photo I don’t see any little arrows moving to show the use of the battery or the engine.

Attached Files: