1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3125-289 and c1259

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Eddievf, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Eddievf

Eddievf New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello there!

I was just looking to confirm some information before I begun to spend some bills. I have a 03 Prius that shuts off when on an incline and you give it some throttle without letting it creep first. If I let the car creep forward or give it slight throttle (just enough to get it rolling) and only then add normal throttle, the car won't have any issues. I've been lurking the forums trying to get as much info as possible and decided to wait to post until I had some concrete data.

I'm getting two codes,

P3125-289 Motor Inverter Current Sensor Malfunction. Open in inverter current sensor (V phase sub sensor)

C1259 Should go away after I fix the P3125 error?

By what I've read, I'm going to be needing an inverter, and at the same time I should replace inverter pump and coolant just to be on the safe side. When I look at the freeze frame data I also noticed that it shows a negative value for the MG1 rev's. Am I also looking at replacing the stator? 3125.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!