1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P314A Inverter Coolant Pump Speed Signal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Chuba, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Chuba

Chuba Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Please I need help on how to solve this problem.
    I have scanned the car and it give me P314a.

But the thing is this problem is not always present. I may drive for 2 days I will not have it. And when it comes on, it difficult to go out.

When this code comes On, my radiator fan start blowing very fast and loud. Check engine light comes on and check hybrid system and triangle of death comes one too.

I thought it could be the invertet water pump. Now I have changed the inverter coolant pump still the problem still do come one.

But there is some thing I noticed that make this problem come on.
    I noticed that any time I wash the car or rain falls this problem comes on immediately.

I may want to go out with the car. Then starts and test drive it and I would not see the issue at all but once I finish washing the car the issue starts immediately I start the car. Or once it rains the issue starts immediately .
    So it seen to be that there is a place water does enter to cause this issue.
    Please who know where water enters to cause this issue because I'm 100% sure that it's water that is causing This Issue?

2. Bens

Bens New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Hi Chuba and everyone else. After an accident hitting left headlight and inverter, some wires got cut. Symptoms are: radiator fans blows fast and loud at all time; Check engine light is on; check hybrid system is on.
    Scan displays p314a. Mechanic is saying, I need a harness, and the hybird cooling system is not working. Price to fix is $3800-$7000. Please Chuba, what was the final diagnosis for your Prius’ P314A and what was the final fix including prices please.