1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3190 after running rich

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by DAVID 4, Jun 8, 2023.

1. DAVID 4

DAVID 4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like you guys left me stranded, or just have nothing to add. Well anyway... I wass cleaning my prii, feeling sorrow and almost decided to sell her. But now it got me thinking again:
    I do smell strong gas odor, when car run, even if just for few seconds. The injectors where cleaned, tested on bench, they are clicking and oppening just fine, but how do I know if they are injecting too much fuel? It is 360k km original part and on my last run I added injector cleaner, on bottle on full thank, but the tank is much smaller than others car (I put abouth 35-40l - 8 gal). So concentration was quite strong and as mention somewrere in that Thread, car was running rich, putting more fuel with more cleaner throu.

Guess I will not sell my prii. Not yet.

But tell me please, can I buy cheap chinese injector, just to confirm that it is injector problem? And offcourse raplace the gasoline in thank, that will be funn!