1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

p3190 code and won't start

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by kentmartin, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Cooter

Cooter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    My 2001 is doing the same thing with a full tank of gas

2. Jotish kumar

Jotish kumar New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Iam having Toyota estima 2009 having same problem

3. saeddr

saeddr New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Link it to the oil vaporizer wrap with the manafole
    upload_2020-7-4_0-31-55.png Screenshot_20200704_003125.jpg

4. Mejzw

Mejzw New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    the same thing happened to me, have you found a solution?

5. PriusWave

PriusWave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If it is losing power while driving or lurches forward from a stop it’s the fuel pump that went out. How many miles are on the car? If the fuel pump stopped working the hybrid will drain. Make sure you have gas first then try to start it and hold down the gas to get the engine to run. Keep holding it until the hybrid charges up. If you get the car running the pump may be good enough to take it to a mechanic.

Is your prius losing power or lurching?

Sounds like it’s the fuel pump to me

#25 PriusWave, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2020
  6. Leo Li

Leo Li New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    KentMartin,

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2013 Prius V with only 52k mileage. OBD code P3190 and won't start now after power cutting out on freeway. Limped home, engine then ran really rough and knocking when I tried to start it on my garage. Tried DYI and changed spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors and cleaned EGR pipe and exhaust manifold all to no avail, all I did was actually made it worse even - now it won't even start anymore. HV battery down to 1 bar due to many unsuccessful attempts to start the ICE and recharge the HV battery. Dealer says they will charge insane $600+ for just a diagnostic. Not sure what to do at this point. Might have to bite the bullet and buy the Hybrid Automative Prolong charger so that I'll at least be able to continue to attempt to try to restart the engine and try to fix the original knocking etc. Like many others here I'm too wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong for your Prius?

7. paolo.rapana

paolo.rapana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  8. Frank1234

Frank1234 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So I have a experience to share regarding this matter, so I was driving to the gas station because I have only one bar of gas not blinking so I am supposed to be fine but out the blue I lost engine power and hybrid battery not charging (engine it’s not running) I pull over and quick code check with dr Prius give 3 code P0A0F P3190 P3193, so I was able to drive a bit further after getting the codes but not much, I decided before towing the car to the stealership actually one more block away, to add one gallon of gas that my wife will deliver to me so gas arrived put in car start it up, trouble code cleared, problem solved, everything is working and codes didn’t come back as they was coming back before adding the gas, I learned not to trust the gas meter since it’s little bit off it never blinked this time as normally do, so this is my experience.

Attached Files:

#28 Frank1234, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    paolo.rapana and ASRDogman like this.