1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P3190, Poor engine performance, no ready sign.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Priusprofit, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Priusprofit

Priusprofit Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looking for an explanation of what is causing these symptoms on my 2004 prius.

I purchased this prius and it had codes for ignition coil and both o2 sensors. I replaced the ignition coil and the car began to run and drive like new, I then replaced both o2 sensors and the exhaust manifold (used manifold) which was leaking. The code for upstream o2 sensor went away(thank the lord, what a painful job) but the code for the downstream o2 sensor stayed. Then every 10 or so miles or at random startup, the prius will run very poorly like the flip of a switch, the red triangle and check engine light appears and the car will not go into ready mode. For 2 or 3 days I could just clear the p3190 code and the car would continue to run until code came back, but it now comes back instantly and the car is disabled.

Today I will replace the downstream o2 sensor again in hopes that it could be a bad sensor causing this and then disconnect 12v battery before starting.

If anyone has had any experience or has knowledge on this issue it is greatly appreciated

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Priusprofit

Priusprofit Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just pulled this code from a friend's car that's about due for a tune up... So guess I'll do that first?