1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Xaoh

Xaoh New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Any conclusions in this thread ?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What kind of conclusions are you looking for? About four different people in four different cars have reported getting the P3193 code in this thread. The main thing they all have in common might just be the code.

The P3193 code is a variation on the P3191 code set when the engine fails to start. If the combination meter (which hosts the fuel gauge) is also reporting a very low fuel level at the time, then P3193 will be set instead of P3191.

Therefore P3193 means the same thing happened that P3191 means (the engine couldn't be started), along with a strong suggestion that a very low fuel level could be a (or the) contributing factor.

To be strict about it, the car doesn't absolutely know low fuel is the reason the engine didn't start. All the code tells you is that the engine didn't start, and the fuel gauge reading was very low at the time, so it would be reasonable to consider the connection.

If you're asking because you have that code in your car, that's what the code is telling you.

3. Xaoh

Xaoh New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting , so the fuel level sensor seems to be problematic? Then the solution would be “ which I have done “ re calibrate the fuel tank sender with the steps I found on YouTube ..
    Did it , reset but the problem persisted .

The fuel comes out and has proper pressure , but there is indeed a sending unit issue. Unsure where it’s coming from, either the relay; which I have replaced , or the wiring , then right to the fuel tank and pump.

I have filled the fuel tank with petrol as far as I could and it’s overfilling . She is full as can be.
    Maybe she needs to be drained.

I’m stumped on this

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Probably deserves a thread of its own where that specific cluster of symptoms and details can get more fully discussed.