1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PAC TATO and SWI-RC wiring on JBL and NAV setup

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tomek310, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys. So I bought both of these interfaces off ebay for $20. Apparently it was installed on a Tundra before. I'm trying to figure out how to wire it correctly. On the left you have 4 wires that were cut and obviously need a home. On the right we have a Kenwood harness from the radio I want to install. I think I am missing a Toyota harness to complete the installation. Any ideas? 1478456310955.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    first thing is you need to get the wiring diagrams for those 2 units. should be online at manufacturers websites. then you will know what needs to be soldered to what.

3. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I have figured it out. I haven't put it in yet, but connected the wires as follow:

Red, Yellow, and Black wires from TATO to Kenwood harness, Blue/yellow (remote) wire from SWI-RC to Kenwood harness.
    I have capped and stowed the rest of the wires on the Kenwood harness as well as the orange one on the TATO, since
    it's for the dimming, which the radio doesn't have.

There are three connectors on the old radio. The smallest one does not have a home. I believe it won't be needed, so I'll
    just cap and stow it. Am I right?

I am going to hook it up tomorrow after work to see how it works.

4. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok. So I have connected everything and it all works except for the MFD. It turns on but it doesn't respond as it should. When I hit the Menu button it says it's disconnected. How do I go about this?

5. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been to many forums and this one is by far the least helpful. Arghhhh!

6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    when you replace the head unit, the mfd will show audio off, but it should work for all other functions, assuming you have a 68 ohm resistor connected properly. search the forum for the resistor install. the scosche adapter harness I had in my '04 had the resistor already wired in, but some folks have had to solder one into the harness.

SFO and Tomek310 like this.
  7. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have contacted PAC and they were able to help me. Yes I needed to install a 68 ohm resistor between two wires on factory harness. Never done it before but I decided to solder it, taped it up and was good to go. Now everything works the way you said it should. Thanks.