1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

package #2 availability?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by gjertsen, Oct 20, 2005.

1. gjertsen

gjertsen Junior Member

I was just told by a dealer that '05 package 2s, and 3s (and maybe 4s) were just flat out not available, at least in the southeast region, for lack of demand, and they would just not ever get an allocation of any. I suspect Toyota is producing way more of the expensive option packages milking the demand frenzy for all it's worth.

Still, I was under the impression that if you were willing to wait, you could "build" a car to order with exactly the color and options that you wanted. Is that not true? Does anyone know if package 2s are available anywhere in the country? (I like the smart key but most of the other stuff I can do without)

2. 1badprius

1badprius New Member

I ordered my Driftwood Package #3 in Arlington, Texas on Sept. 01 and will pick it up tomorrow. The dealer ordered exactly what I asked for, no unwanted extras, no market adjustment mark ups.

3. HeuristicsInc

HeuristicsInc New Member

our dealer told me yesterday that there's a package #2 unclaimed on his lot (clarksville md) - the #2 is the lowest available here in the midatlantic region if the website's "build your car" interface is correct. so you can still get them here, evidently!
    -bill