1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Package 6 - Loose Leather

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by apcpa2000, Sep 25, 2008.

1. apcpa2000

apcpa2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello All - Just picked up our second Prius in 9 months. This time it was a 2009 Black and Bisque package 6. One thing I am now noticing is that the fron t passenger set back (think where you actually put your back) has a lot of loose material. I have had loose leather in the past and the heat usually tightens it up.

Anyone else had this issue? Or has any one actaully needed them to replace the cover?

Let me know. I didn't even say anything on delivery because I really didn't notice it until I was driving home on the highway.

Thanks,

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    That is completely normal. The leather is that way so it will not tear over time, and some say to give the seats an upscale look.

3. apcpa2000

apcpa2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Upscale - Maybe the drivers seat with a little play in the leater (1/2 inch or so).

But I am talking about alomst 2 inches of play.

4. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Do you have any pictures of the seats? Mine is the same way, and it is much more noticeable after I have been sitting in the seats for a while.

5. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yeah, post some pics. I have a package 6 and I wouldn't describe my seat as loose at all. They're certainly not the highest quality leather seats by any stretch (I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere) of the imagination, but the driver's and passenger seat are both as tight as I'd expect them.

6. apcpa2000

apcpa2000 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'll take some pictures this weekend. I was drying our other prius package 6 this morning, and there is the gently grouping of leather on the seatback for that one but at the base it is nice and tight. The new one is lookse even at the base of the back.