1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint job?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Meggers, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Meggers

Meggers New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    hello!

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed or in the wrong section. This is my first post. I’m a brand new Prius wiener. I purchased an 18 Prius C three today! (Yay me)
    So far I’m extremely happy with my purchase, except the color. I absolutely hate the color! It was sadly the only one available and they knocked off 1000 for me if I agreed to get that one. My question is to those who have gotten a paint job. How much did you end up paying? Have you had any regrets as far as the quality and peeling and such? Thanks in advance :)

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to the site. A good quality paint job is going to cost more than $1000. What is the color that you absolutely hate and what color do you absolutely want?

If you are looking at a place like Maaco the paint will outlast the warranty but not by much. Used their Delran shop once. Never again.

If you want a "factory finish" look find the local restoration shop. If you want inexpensive contact the instructor at the local vo-tech auto shop.

At least start by speaking with the local Toyota Collision Center.

3. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How about having the whole car wrapped?

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do NOT repaint the car, it'll costs thousands to do it correctly. If you get a cheap paint job, it'll look good for about a year and it'll start to peel and fade.

If you didn't like the color, you shouldn't have bought the car

Adam1a, CraigM and padroo like this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to prius chat, and congrats on your new c! fortunately, you spend more time looking at other cars fro the inside of yours.(y)