1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint Protection Film Anyone Using it ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Markee, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Markee

Markee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just looking to protect my paint

Can anyone recommend a particulate brand ?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have VentureShield film on the car. No complaints. Get as much of the car covered as you can including the door cups and rocker panels.

Starbrand likes this.
  3. slfare

slfare Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have Xpel paint protection film, full front. It was recommended to me by a high-end quality shop that does this on exotic cars here in the South Bay Area and they only use Xpel. Apparently, it is more expensive than 3M, but supposedly lasts longer, does not fade or turn yellow, and it is thicker. The warranty on the Xpel paint protection film is for 10 years.

I highly recommend any type of paint protection film, regardless of which brand you go with. I have had no issues with mine and any reputable shop will be able to make adjustments or fix any sections that have come off slightly due to the curvatures. Once corrected, the film should not come off again. I really have to give it to these guys for being able to wrap around curves! It is expensive, but well worth it to be able to drive with a piece of mind! I still keep a long distance between the car in front of me and avoid trucks by at least one lane buffer.

Good luck!

SilverStreakR likes this.