1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint protection film (PPF) warranties

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by mi2k, Dec 7, 2011.

1. mi2k

mi2k Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I am in process of making up my mind about whether to get PPF (clear bra) installed. The quotes that I have received so far are for Suntek and Bekaert. Both of them have only 5 year warranties. I am concerned about fading and staining. Are there better products?

Does the original car color fade differently under the film compared to elsewhere?

2. DragonflyDM

DragonflyDM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That is what my dealer told me and why they really pushed for me NOT to get it. But I live in Western PA and rocks on the highway ruin paint jobs.

3. dhandds

dhandds New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I live in CA. I had 3M PPF installed on my black v last week. The installer told me as long as I keep the car clean and apply creamy wax once a month, it will last a long time. Based on my research, 3M PPF seems to be the best.

4. swg

swg 12 Prius / 13 Volt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have had Xpel on a 2007 Acura since new and the film still looks new and has saved the vehicles paint many times over. Installed the bikini cut (partial hood and full bumper) on that vehicle. Absolutely no color change where the film is installed vs. the rest of the hood.

First thing I did with the Prius v was to get the Xpel Ultimate installed, before any paint chips and went for the full hood (they tuck the corners so you can't tell it's on the hood), front bumper, headlights, parking lights, mirrors, front fenders, door cups, door edge and rear bumper. Total was $950 with a 7 year warranty on the product, 2 years on the install. Xpel has clear coat built in so you treat it just like paint. Highly recommend. Crystal clear film.

http://www.xpel.com

Self healing: http://youtu.be/fUqzFvRw4-A

5. moparjer

moparjer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had the bumper, entire hood, fenders, door cups, headlights and door edges on my 2012 Prius V Five done for $600 in VentureShield which is owned by 3M. For $150 more I could have had the 3M installed. When I looked at the two side by side the 3M is not as clear. It has a slight orange peel look. Both are the same thickness and carry the same warranty. Before I decided on this I looked at ClearShield which I was told is comparable to Ventureshield. I decided to go with the VentureShield because the installer was more experienced. All three carry a five year warranty, though not against yellowing. NanoFusion has a lifetime warranty.