1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paint protection

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Squeakasaur, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Squeakasaur

Squeakasaur Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So I drive on 405 a lot...like every day. In the past this has resulted in quite a few paint chips. With this new car I want to protect it. I bought a groupon for 3M paint protection film but it only covers the hood,fenders, and mirrors. For 225 they will do the bumper and another 45 they will do the lights. Is it worth it?

2. Caniac

Caniac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How much was the groupon?

A full front for my gen 3 would cost me $600 and the headlights by themselves are $150.

3. Squeakasaur

Squeakasaur Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    the Groupon was 185. But only covers the hood, fenders, and mirrors. For an extra 270 I can do the bumper and lights.

4. Caniac

Caniac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That's still a good deal. How long do you plan on keeping the car? I kept my last Prius for just over 9 years. At that point my headlights looked like crap. If you are a self identified short term car keeper I don't know if I'd splurge on the extra.

Also, what kind of reputation does the installer have?

5. Squeakasaur

Squeakasaur Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I would like to keep it till its paid off at least especially since I am going to be a full time student in the fall. The installer has good reviews from what I have seen on Groupon, Facebook, and yelp.