1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pandora and other app issues on Entune

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Lennyz1, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Lennyz1

Lennyz1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    This has been driving me nuts for a while now. I like to have my treble and bass settings up and leave mid-range at default and this make the audio volume so much louder and better IMHO) that the default setting Now every time I shut off the Prime these sound settings reset back to default. So now when I power up again I need to go back into setting and adjust them each time. This is only happening in the Entune audio apps and not Sirius/XM, FM, AM or USB audio. Not only the sound setting issue, but Pandora does not always reconnect. Probably one out of every 5 times Pandora it will not connect. Then I need to power off not just the audio, but reboot the system and sometimes it connects and sometime I need to reboot a second time.

So I am at the dealership for my 15k service and talk to them. Their response is that I have the most current updates and that they have seen similar complaints on a forum and they will make a note on the work order. The tech also mentioned that Apple phones communicate better with Toyota's Entune.

Now I call Toyota. Well they ask what phone I am using. So I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon which I bought just after I got the prime last year. Prior to buying the phone I checked the compatibility site and It was compatible for everything listed. The Toyota rep now tells me that my phone is not compatible and that is the issue. To which I reply that was not the case prior to me buying the phone. She said that these change with phone software updates and some become incompatible.

The sound setting are set in each audio source window on the head unit. I would assume that is controlled by the head unit??

Anyone else having similar issues?

2. Lennyz1

Lennyz1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Well I went into the dealership last Monday for my annual NYS vehicle inspection and of course asked the service advisor if they had yet received any update to correct the Entune issues. I the last month of so Toyota did release an recent update which they uploaded and it worked. I am not sure why Toyota cannot push these updates through my Entune acct? I have had 3 or 4 updates since I got it last May and it never made any difference that I noticed.

So with the dealer installed update, Entune now finally remembers what sound (bass and treble) settings were set up for it's apps after powering down the car and restarting. This was such a pain to reset each time I got in the car. Also Galaxy S7 now connects repeatedly without issue to Entune apps without having to reboot phone and/or audio or entire display unit just to try and get the apps to work.

I am so glad they finally got this fixed. It was so frustrating arguing with Toyota on the phone and them telling me it was not Entune, it was an Android problem. It now looks like it was all Toyota and their software. So frustrating when you pay extra money for options like the upgraded audio and it does not work as sold. I can say I am not a huge Entune fan. I hope they continue to get the bugs out and refine their software.

benagi and bisco like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    glad you got it working. just another sad case of toyotas poor implementation of their entertainment system.:(

4. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What is the Date and Version # after the update?

5. Lennyz1

Lennyz1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Don't know, but I will post.