1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Panel lights Skid - Engine Check on, Won't Start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by radilly, Apr 12, 2006.

1. radilly

radilly New Member

Hey-

I'm still alive. It's day 10, for anyone counting, and my car is supposed to be returned to me today.

Yesterday I got a call from the service folks while I was in a doctor's office- so the call was much terser than I'd have liked. I don't entirely trust what I heard, since we were discussing a colonoscopy at the time. I'm pretty sure I was told the A/C compressor was installed, but they wanted to keep the car another day for observation.

I'm having a tough time staying open minded at this point. Part of my concern is that the "ready" date has moved a day or two at a time, several times. I'm thinking maybe the A/C compressor motor drew enough current to cook some other things, or there was some other form of colateral damage. I don't know enough to assess if there could be any (long term) damage to the main battery. If I let my imagination run, the explantions get a whole lot more troubling pretty quick.

I reread this thread yet again, and hobbit's meter comment resonates with me. In trying to approach this methodically, I'll write out some questions later, partly based on what you'all have posted. If you have any specific suggestions, I'd be interested. I consider myself a fair mechanic, but this is just way outside of any car experience I've ever had. :(

. . . Now maybe I can go back to sleep for a few hours! :)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    maybe they're just trying to be sure they fixed everything and did it right.

after fixing a major problem DH likes to drive it a bit to make sure everything is running well before giving the car back to the customer. it's one last measure of quality control.

either way get some definitive answers from them so you know what they did and why they did it. and don't let the service writer blow you off, go talk to the tech yourself.