1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parents Protest Gay Fairytale for 2nd Graders...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 20, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]244665[/snapback]</div>
    M.S. not to sound like ghostofjk & kissing A**, Very Well Said.

I wonder if one walks around with brown on thier nose, do they smell it too?

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 25 2006, 12:48 AM) [snapback]244705[/snapback]</div>

You know I dont think this could have been said any better. I have noticed there are quite a few that feel the same way as this post.. :)

Poor jack & Bob1r's gonna flip their lids and just rip out of thier skin though ;)

3. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 25 2006, 12:25 AM) [snapback]244695[/snapback]</div>
    ghostfjk, you are right not only maggieddd but Spunky and others.

BTW, it took me a while to notice that you're actually come across as former 'Jack???' Whom I've always admired for such stamina and fervor, whenever confronted. I'm not asking for confirmation. Great work anyway, whomever you are.

:)

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 24 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]244695[/snapback]</div>
    Squid's a he/she? So, that's the mystery! :lol:

5. Deaden

Deaden New Member

Yes we are a society about equality and rights and all the Christians claim god loves everyone.....unless you are a dirty gay!! Phew, so glad that Bush stopped them gay marriages. I mean, suddenly I would look at my wife and say, "Hey, our marriage was just devalued!! Why wasn't someone protecting it!! Argh!!". Hate gays, hate blacks, hate whatever in the hell you want. But it is the government's job to represent all of it's people fairly, including the minority. Your hate does not need to be in the law, and sure as hell not in the constitution. We will have reached a truely low place in history if prejudice is written directly into the constitution of the land of the free.

As for the kids issue, are you going to shelter them from the world? Guess what, gay people exist!! Woah. By not "exposing them to alternate lifestlyes" they are going to be in for a real shock when they encounter it in real life. But I imagine you will tell them all about gays and how it is "evil". So by exposing them, you really meant showing them anything positive and normal about it, so you can have a chance to instill the hatred into them before they can really think about it. It makes me sad that we have come so far as a society and we still see open oppression of a group of people.

6. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Deaden @ Apr 25 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]244859[/snapback]</div>
    Well if your loving the gay lifestyle... don't let your hopes down.. sooner or later, that lifestyle will prevail in this country too.

I realize it is offensive to show someone thier lifestyle is not right.... thats not my issue...

But there are more evil things.....
    (Mat 11:23 KJV) And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
    (Mat 11:24 KJV) But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

(2 Pet 2:6 KJV) And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

(Jude 1:7 KJV) Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
    (Jude 1:8 KJV) Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

(Luke 17:28 KJV) Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
    (Luke 17:29 KJV) But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
    (Luke 17:30 KJV) Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

7. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 25 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]244980[/snapback]</div>
    Once again I ask you to define what you call the "gay lifestyle" and state how this differs from a "straight lifestyle". You continue to ignore the question.

You have demonstrated a great ability to copy/paste bible quotes. How about engaging in a discussion for a change?

- Bob R.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

9. Deaden

Deaden New Member

Oh crap, I didn't realize some book said it was ok to oppress them. Well then, have at it. Because we all know god hates gays, right? Nice that you can fall back on "The bible says so" to justify it. You know what is truely evil in this world? Blind faith that promotes hatred of your fellow man. It justifys things like bombing doctors offices, denying people equal rights, and flying planes into buildings. Enjoy being saved, because if any god truely feels like that I don't want to know him.

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm not sure which Jack you are, but you can't be the Jack I'm thinking of... he was much more levelheaded and had some serious health issues.
    Surely that Jack would be considering his life could be over at any moment and would at least reconsider the afterlife.

Have you ever seen a person or an animal that won't take medicine and water, because he thinks its bad or poison?...

Sometimes we are so stinkin stubborn that God has to knock us upside the head to get our attention in order to help us.

What has to happen to this generation to get them to reconsider before they die and have no further chance?

Massive revival with signs and wonders?... no, they would ignore that too as being nothing....

I fear it will take all out calamity.... like maybe a massive earthquake etc.... and even then they will blame God for thier misery.

(Rev 9:20 KJV) And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
    (Rev 9:21 KJV) Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

God is not against the gays.. He is trying to save them. But just because he loves them too, don't think thier lifestyle will not be judged.

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Since some of the folks here like to quote the Bible, here's the famous letter to Dr. Laura for those who haven't seen it before:

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b ) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

12. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Yes, windstrings, what IS the fabled gay "lifestyle" ? Is it driving perfumed cars, attending frou-frou events and swishing around speaking effeminately?

And I was counting on you answering questions I asked you in post # 176?

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 25 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]244989[/snapback]</div>

14. Deaden

Deaden New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 25 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]244991[/snapback]</div>

That is awesome. Hey bible quoter guy, care to enlighten us as to why these don't count?

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Deaden @ Apr 25 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]244859[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes:

Here we have another, "If we don't expose them, they will hate us" mentality. Where the heck do a lot of you get off saying this sort of thing? Hatred is suddenly the default in absence of exposure?

Yes, we are ALL looking to instill GAY HATRED into children by not wanting them exposed to alternative lifestyles in the second grade. :lol:

If you're not with us, you're against us right? :lol:

Here's a question for the contingency:

Would you support the creation of a gay-only kindergarten?

What about gay-only middle school or highschool?

LMAO, has it come to that? lololololol

16. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Deaden @ Apr 25 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]244994[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, I just coudn't resist, I like the way you put it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best,

:)

17. Deaden

Deaden New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]244999[/snapback]</div>
    I still have yet to see any of you answer the earlier question of what exactly this "Gay Lifestyle" you are trying to shelter your kids from is? The mere knowledge of gay people? The childrens book that started this whole thread didn't contain sex. If it is not about sex, then what is it about? The mere fact that a gay couple exists and can be a loving normal family? Yes, if you teach your kids that gay people are bad, then you are teaching hatred no matter how much you try and pretty it up.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Apr 25 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]244983[/snapback]</div>

The gay lifestyle is a counterfeit of the original.... there is still a dominate and a passive role in each partner.
    It is a perversion of the real.
    Whats the big deal you ask?

God originally made marriage..... not the government.... why... its a type and shadow of his relationship with his church "the bride".

He obviously represents the male role as he is the the protector, the strong, the pursuer, caring yet fierce.
    He is the one who instigates the plans and directions and those who have accepted him and are part of his spiritual church are his "help Meet".
    He works with and through the chruch to do his bidding.. even though he could do it alone.

He chooses relationship over dominance.... just like a healthy man and wife.

The role of man and wife with the associated hormones and tendencies of each role, is a perfect picture of his relationship with us.

The enemy "the devil" attempts to tear down anything resembling or refecting that picture so as to raise up a generation that cannot relate to God.

The family unit itself that we all protect to preserve is another type and shadow of such.

Since the Garden of Eden, the male has been given accoutability and roles different from the female.

EVen though the female carried much authority to wield decisions, the male is the one who is utimatelyl responsible for those decisions.

I know you hate scripture, so I am sparing you all the references......

The picture you see in the bible of the roles of the man and wife are beautiful "if" carried out they way they are portrayed.

If the man truely cares for and nourishes his wife as his own flesh, the woman loves to fall into her role behind the man as he takes the raw blunt of circumstances for her.
    She maintains order and correctness to the land he conquers and subdues.

Without realizing it, you have opened up a facinating study of man and woman, male and female.
    Why is it so?..
    Why does nature itself back it up?
    Why has it been deemed that in human beings, same sex unions cannot procreate and multiply?

The only way they can continues is to borrow or steal from the other sex?

Why doesn't God underwrite this lifestyle?

And why do people feel they need to live this way?

There are many perplexing questions and perplexing answers.

Due to much pain, letdown, violation of boundaries within families, all types of perversions have been given reign to flourish.

It is a spirit... an effiminate spirit..... when you possess or carry a spirit, you carry its traits and personality.
    During periods of intense "offense" is usually when spirits enter into people... thats the time they are most unguarded and most needy.

Its hard to understand the why and the reasoning behind someone who possesses a certain "spirit" if you do not carry a kin spirit yourself.

There is much left out about evil spirits in the bible because it was common knowledge that they existed in those days even to the point that when Jesus said certain things, they blamed him for having one.
    (John 7:20 KJV) The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?
    (John 7:21 KJV) Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.

The spirit realm is one thing our culture has lost knowledge of with all out technological advancements... but evil spirits are still here, and they are still real, and they affect and influence all of us who are unguarded.

All this sounds like nonsense until "in person" you see one excercised or are involved in its removal!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Deaden @ Apr 25 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]244988[/snapback]</div>
    The Bible is the word of God.. sorry... but you didn't get my post... God loves the gays and is trying to save them.. he hates thier lifestyle because it alienate them from Him and of what it does to them and society to alienate them too from Him.

Don't take this all personal... no one hates you...

19. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 25 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]244999[/snapback]</div>
    Since Windstrings doesn't seem inclined to answer the question, I'll ask you: What is an "alternative lifestyle"? How are two gay people creating a loving home different from two straight people creating a loving home?

If kids at a school notice that some kids have two mommies or two daddies and that teachers and principals are afraid to speak about it in the classroom and that kids have to get permission slips signed by their parents just to talk about it, yes, they are likely to grow up thinking there is something horribly taboo about it.

Getting back (yet again) to the original topic, the book being presented to 2nd graders was not a book about sex. It was a book about a family relationship. Same-sex marriages are legal in Massachusetts. Same-sex households with children are in 96% of US counties. Why should teachers be forbidden from discussing the very existence of such relationships? How absurd!

Funny, that seems to be the attitude of the anti-gay types. Gays aren't in the majority, so it is OK to discriminate...

Not really... why do you bring it up? Public schools exist to provide a universal education to all students. I wouldn't support an all-gay public school any more than I would support an all-white public school. Schools should accept or deny students based solely on academic considerations.

I don't know, has it? You're the one bringing it up. How on earth does this apply to the discussion?

- Bob R.

20. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 25 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]245007[/snapback]</div>
    True colors revealed. You use scripture to support your sexism as well as supporting discrimination against gay people.

I don't hate scripture. Where did I ever say that? You don't even know my religious background.

Homosexuality exists in nearly all species, from penguins to apes, including life-long pair bonding... nature does not back you up.

So now we are baby stealers, too?

For someone who claims not to hate gay people, you sure have a funny way of showing it, comparing us to child molesters and now baby kidnappers.

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Oh, I see. So now I not only need to abide by your interpretation of the bible, but your inferred interpretations of what was "left out" of the Bible? You should run for public office, we need your kind of leadership and clarity of vision.

Sounds like occultism to me.

Okay then. Can I buy a ticket to a local exorcism? Sounds fascinating.

Oh, no, nobody hates me. They just want to be able to fire me, refuse me public accommodation, and interfere in my family affairs, yell "faggot" as I hold hands with my partner, push, shove, shout, hold signs that say "God Hates Fags" and pass the first constitutional amendments designed to remove the rights of one and only one group of people. That's not hate. Got it.

- Bob R.