1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parents Protest Gay Fairytale for 2nd Graders...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 20, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Funny- if I go for a walk downtown holding hands with my wife, people smile. If a gay couple goes for a walk while holding hands, it's "in your face." If I have a photo of my wife on my desk at work, it's normal. If a gay colleague puts a photo of her partner on her desk, it's "in your face."
    Did you ever think that when gay people were "in your face", they were just trying to live in this world like everyone else?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2006, 06:10 PM) [snapback]244542[/snapback]</div>
    Here's my entire post that you're claiming I insulted or called Malorn a bigot:
    Ok, go ahead, show me where I said that...If it's my inferior writing skill that's at fault my inferior reading and comprehension must also be at play since I just can't find in there anywhere I say anything of the kind.

Your play.

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 24 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]244608[/snapback]</div>
    If a gay colleague puts a photo of her partner on her desk, you know this would be acceptible in my book.

If a gay couple goes for a walk while holding hands, this is ok too.

Have you ever noticed its hott if its two lesbians holding hands or playing sticky face but if its two guys people get sick??? There is a double standard there, but I have not seen homosexuals sucking face in public yet.

Again just dont push it off on the kids leave that for the parents to decide when it needs to be discussed not by a school teacher aka (a stranger)..

Other news to note:
    [​IMG]
    (CNN) Marvel Comics plans to break new ground in the comic book industry by introducing the first openly gay title character in a comic book. the gay gunslinger ,"The Rawhide Kid."

http://www.gayleague.com/gay/characters/index.php

4. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 24 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]244608[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Larkinmj - that's a very good way of putting it.

I had a similar conversation about 15 years ago with a coworker who was complaining that he wished gays wouldn't "flaunt it" so much.

I asked him, "Are you wearing a wedding ring?" and he said "Yes", and I asked "is there a picture of your family on your desk" and he said "yes", and I asked if he had ever remarked about an attractive woman at the office and _everyone_ said "yes he does!". So I told him he was casually proclaiming his heterosexuality on a nearly constant basis.

He fired back with what he thought was a joke "You're defending gay people a lot, are you sure you aren't one?" and so I came out at that moment. He was a bit shocked and flustered, but then began to change his attitude.

I asked him "Have I ever made a big deal about being gay before?", he said "No...", I said "I'm only 'flaunting' it now because you were dissing on gay people." He began to get the picture.

Never had a problem with it at that office again.

- Bob R.

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Apr 24 2006, 08:28 PM) [snapback]244586[/snapback]</div>
    I think we all agreed the event was about children, NOT homosexuality.

:lol: Ok, why the sudden defensiveness? Simply because I don't happen to agree with the idea of homosexuality? No, I don't care. What I DO care is having that sort of thing presented to a kid in the first grade. I don't agree with it, as you've seen from my prior posts, I see no need to reiterate my position on this.

Where did I say ANYTHING about denying equality? How am I in the way? Simply because I don't agree with exposing kids at that age to alternative lifestyles? So what, I can't make that choice now without being labeled some sort of obstructionist to the gay cause? :lol: See, this is the sort of backlash mechanism that hinders your cause. If someone DARES to oppose something deemed positive or progressive to the homosexual movement, they're anti-gay obstructionists, which is, I suppose what you want, as it gives you more "fanfare"...

Gee, where have I observed this theme before? Bush would be proud... :lol:

Yeah, and apparently, it's beginning to look like it's called PriusChat....! :lol:

No, the issue is "in my face" so to speak because of episodes like the Easter thing on the White House lawn, and pushing/exposing alternative lifestyles in front of little kids. Again, I'm not going to reiterate a lot of what I posted, same applies here though, the backlash for kicking and screaming all the way in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Apr 24 2006, 09:05 PM) [snapback]244608[/snapback]</div>
    Well what do you expect? 10% of the population... 10% OF COURSE people are going to stare and think it's either weird, messed up, whatever (unless you're in Manhattan or Provincetown...). No one said anything about holding hands as being in your face... Nor a photo, nor wedding rings.... :rolleyes:

It's when they start taking the initiative in totally inappropriate ways like 1st grade books, THAT'S (and similar mechanisms) is when it becomes "in your face"...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 24 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]244621[/snapback]</div>
    Maaaaan, couldn't they just leave the Cowboy theme alone???? lolololol

j/k

6. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay -- so you don't have a problem with equal rights for gays/lesbians, but 2nd graders shouldn't beexposed to "alternative lifestyle." Fine. So ban all books that feature hetero couples as well.

Peace --

7. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 24 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]244661[/snapback]</div>
    That can be construed as racist towards heterosexuals you know... ;)

I don't want them exposed to alternative lifestyles at that age any more than I do S&M fetishes, transexuals, bisexuals, or any other theme intertwined with non-typical sexual issues.

I gotta say though, what a GREAT thread! Homosexuals, Bible beaters, nutjobs, whacko's, radical leftists (although that line is blurred with "whacko" :lol: ), hardcore rightwingers, Chevy dealership owners, and even one doctor!!

Only on Priuschat...

Damn I love this place!!!!!

:D

8. Mystery Squid

Ok Doc, I'll take the bait... :lol:

I'll repeat myself one last time for you... You're a bright guy, you know damn well... But for showmanship purposes, sure, I'll take the bait... lol

You ASSUME the DEFAULT is that if Malorn does NOT "allow him to make his own judgements then you must find alternative means of explaining what he's observing so as to minimize the negative influence while also not 'promoting' it.,

THEN,

"make him closed minded and prejudice you point out the 'fags' and tell him how sick and wrong and against God it is. Your influence will likely lead him to believe that is true far into high school, college, or even into adulthood.

You're making the direct implication Malorn's DEFAULT set of values is based upon closed minded prejudices for which using slang like "fags" is totally acceptable...

You're taking a direct shot at Malorn's character with a baseless accusation that, in essence, he's a scumbag.

Happy? :D

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Apr 24 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]244482[/snapback]</div>
    The photo was taken at Portsmouth Abbey, a private school in RI. They just built a 660KW wind generator, which is expected to provide 40% of the school's electricity.

10. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]244463[/snapback]</div>
    What kind of "mentality", exactly, do you mean? What I said was powerful enough to "cause a stir within the whole board" (paraphrasing)? When people get thinking like WHAT? YOU'RE going to f**king lecture me on how to keep things from "getting ugly"????!!!! The King of Insults himself? Why don't you get one of your mod buddies to spank me if they think what I said was out of order? Who in hell do you think you are, you hypocrite!?

I am at least the third person to comment that I'd like to see windstrings' avatar changed. (Did the other two receive the blessing of MS's thoughts on respectful protocol, or are these observations selectively applied?) And windstrings is not the first member to be asked to change his avatar. Nor, if he changed it, would he be the first to do so.

The only kind of homosexuality that is not genetically-INFLUENCED (we don't yet know the exact mechanism within the genes, nor their interaction with body chemistry, but it's safe to say that it's not an either/or phenomenon) is probably the gayness that is a part of bisexuality. I'd bet less than .001 among gays is what could be called an unfettered choice.

11. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Apr 24 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]244478[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly. Every gay-baiter and Super Christian here should look deep within themselves and ask, "why would a person choose to be gay?" Can any of you offer one good reason why someone would make this choice?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]244490[/snapback]</div>
    And THAT'S truly the kind of insult that stirs up message boards. :eek:

I doubt MS could deck maggieddd, although I think he/she and sidekick Malorn pretty much ran her off the board.

12. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Apr 24 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]244180[/snapback]</div>

My avatar shows my better side..... and you are the only one calling me a beacon.. certainly not I.

Gay's are very "nice" people and easy to get along with.... but as many hetrosexuals too, the inward heart tend to be very troubled without a peace and joy for life.

If you fit that classification and genuinely feel you are happy.. I worry even more.

I work with Gays almost everyday in a professional nature as does my wife.

No one is casting stones as I have possibly more accoutability to deal with than many others simply because of what I know and what I've experienced.

I am not saying what I say to bring condemnation, but rather a glimmer of hope in the darkness of confusion.

Its hard to reach those who don't know they are in the dark..... shining a light only repels those who love thier darkness..... but there may be some that have reached the point that they hate their darkness.. those are the ones that have hope to see.

I estimate that some of the most receptive people to hear from God are those who have reached the end of themselves and are suicidal and feel they have no reason to live.... there is much more hope of that person, than one who has no misery in his darkness and sin.

Of course, I am not talking about you... I don't know you...

If none of what I say applies to you, then don't take it.... only you know the scoop on that.

13. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

14. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Apr 24 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]244504[/snapback]</div>

Prejudice means to "pre" judge.

don't confuse right and wrong with preferences.

If you "judge" a person looks like a child molester when he really is not, then thats "prejudice" as he may not warrant your judgement.

but if he admits he is a child molester and you reject him and his lifestyle, that too is not bigotry.

The rules and laws we have intituted to eradicate prejudice and bigotry, was not to accept whats wrong.
    It was to protect the innocent... not the guilty...

Its funny how liberals twist everything around to take away all law.... everything goes and nothing is wrong.... they have completely lost the ability to dicern between right and wrong.

Then we get folks like that in positions of holding the office of a "judge".

Thats a whole different level of corruption.

(Isa 32:5 KJV) The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful.
    (Isa 32:8 KJV) But the liberal deviseth liberal things; and by liberal things shall he stand.

As long as judgement is not released..... man assumes his own ways are profitable. Only when calamity falls does he reconsider... We are due for calamity.

I'm sorry the word of God can burn like fire, but here goes:
    (Hosea 4:7 KJV) As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.
    (Hosea 4:8 KJV) They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 24 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]244661[/snapback]</div>

You confuse and mix words.... Gays have rights.. but thier gay lifestyle doesn't.
    If you think it does.. who gave the rights?

15. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 25 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]244687[/snapback]</div>
    Jack...

Ja-Ack... Please calm down, you're starting to hyperventilate again... I have no mod buddies, just because the board isn't run the way YOU like it does not mean they are my buddies... lol

As for the 3rd person to request windstrings change his avatar??? :lol: :lol: That's just funny... Really, with all those cable channels, is there really nothing better on TV for you 3?

C'mon, seriously? people are trying to get windstrings to change his avatar? I can't get over it... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOOOLOLOLOLOL

C'mon Jack, we've been cool for 2 months now, let's keep it that way ok? I take back anything that might have recently offended you, ok?

:)

16. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 24 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]244697[/snapback]</div>
    This is one of the most patronizing, sanctimonious, wretchedly arrogant posts I've ever seen.

1. "Gay's [sic] are very "nice" people..." Gee, that's sweet of you to say so. However, I doubt Bob would support such wrongheaded generalizations. Bet he knows at least ONE gay who isn't nice. Huh, Bob?

2. "If you...feel you are happy...I worry even more." Wth?! No gay who says he or she is happy, or anything else, can be taken at face value? They're all liars as well as pree-verts?

3. "I work with Gays [sic]...in a professional nature [sic]..." Do you really? Can you tell us exactly what you do? Are you a counselor? Do you work with a church-affiliated social service, such as a hotline?

If you're a professional and do whatever you do every day, you must have access to professional literature, and you must be able to help us out by presenting some statistics. For example, what percentage of gays who THINK they're "happy" really aren't? You must have some other facts we'd appreciate.

4. If gays live in darkness and confusion, have you caused any to "see the Light"? What proportion of those you've helped?

What other groups of people also suffer the darkness of living in confusion? How wonderful to be superior in one's perceptions, so as to know what's in a person's heart better than they themselves know.

17. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 24 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]244712[/snapback]</div>
    You patronizing schlemiel (look it up), whom do you think you're talking to about "hyperventilating"? In the interest of fairness on the board, I'll say anything I want when I see you badgering people, including myself. You may have thought I was badgering poor windstrings, or you wouldn't have taken your little shot at me.

If my criticism of you is "hyperventilating", then how shall we characterize your criticism of other posters? "Pissing on them"? Does that work?

"I gotta say though, what a GREAT thread...Only on Priuschat..." [MS, previous post]

The master baiter strikes again. B) When the going gets tough, the tough...er...start their grand generalizations, to tamp down their OWN flames, and to remind everyone that, hey, this is all in good fun, and we're all just reg'lar guys.

18. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

I love that word, "Lifestyle". What, pray tell, is the gay "lifestyle" and how does it differ from the straight "lifestyle"? Am I missing out on a vacation package? I know that SirGreen was talking about a cruise a few posts ago. Is that it?

You have thrice ignored my invitation for you to come over and actually meet us... you apparently feel more comfortable spouting scripture to condemn from afar. Fine, please consider yourself safely uninvited.

I never called you a beacon, I simply pointed out that your choice of avatar, for what it's worth, doesn't seem consistent with the "Christian" values you so readily spout in this forum. You failed to address any of those points, so I guess we'll never know.

I worry even more about the "Gays" you work with in a "professional nature". Care to share your credentials? I tend not to assume that the people I work with have "dark hearts". I try to judge people by their words and deeds.

No, and apparently you don't want to learn, either.

You anti-gay types just LOVE to bring up child molestation don't you. And dog sex, mustn't forget the dog sex.

YOU are the one who seems to have no ability to discern between a healthy relationship between consenting adults and an act which is a craven victimization of a child.

In this crazy up-is-down world you are promoting, as I have previously mentioned, child molesters bizarrely have the right to marry their victims, while consenting adult gay people are denied that right.

I very much have the ability to discern between right and wrong. Thanks for the insult. I'll add it to the list. My concept of right and wrong centers around empathy for the wronged and the idea of equality under the law and the concept of consent. You ideas of right and wrong, apparently, stem only from your particular interpretation of a particular translation of an ancient religious text.

- Bob R.

19. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Apr 24 2006, 10:34 PM) [snapback]244737[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, just wait, you'd be amazed at how far anti-gay crusaders can sink! :) Have a stiff drink or three and then check out this web site:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

Windstrings tries to be a bit more polite, but his sentiments are in good company. And no, the Westboro Baptist folks aren't the only fringe group out there, they just know how to get great press. I've been shouted down personally by whackos like those right here in "liberal" Portland, OR.

Hoo boy! Yes, I know at least one. :)

- Bob R.

20. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member