1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paris Hilton Released

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Tom6850, Jun 7, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 7 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]457551[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah dammit, tax the hell out of her! She gives rich people a bad name, publicly crucify her make her serve in Iraq as a town greeter...... :rolleyes: :lol:

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 7 2007, 04:06 PM) [snapback]457551[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah dammit, tax the hell out of her! She gives rich people a bad name, publicly crucify her make her serve in Iraq as a town greeter...... :rolleyes: :lol:

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 8 2007, 07:30 AM) [snapback]457994[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, what's the deal with that?!? :blink:

http://ww.tmz.com/2007/06/07/if-youre-piss...lame-the-judge/

4. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

Here I thought I was reading the one topic where conservatives and liberals would agree. And here y'all go with wanting to put the Bush administration in jail while sanctifying Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton remains an appropriate target as long as Hillary is running for president. Sorry, but you can't brush him under the rug yet.

So, surely we agree on this about Paris: She ought to go to jail and stay in jail until it is time for her to get out of jail and, unfortunately, pay somebody to ghostwrite a book that idiots will buy and make her money she doesn't need.

So, as long as we're stirring the pot, what do you want to bet Paris is a Democrat-voting liberal? (And that mean judge was, after all, appointed by Reagan.)

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 8 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]458052[/snapback]</div>
    Good job.
    Way to deflect from replying to the substance of my post.

Yep, Ultra-liberal Playbook item #3.

"Notice how those Neocons compare oranges to oranges?" :rolleyes:

So why didn't you respond to the substance of my post???? <_< :rolleyes:

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 8 2007, 11:07 AM) [snapback]458052[/snapback]</div>
    You'll be hearing nothing but Jefferson Jefferson Jefferson now.

Never mention of Cunningham, Delay or the others on the long list.

7. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 8 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]458389[/snapback]</div>
    William Jefferson.
    William Jefferson Clinton.

It's not our fault if the names "William Jefferson" come up a lot.

8. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 8 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]458388[/snapback]</div>
    I will- this is from one of your own citations- you just chose to ignore this part:
    And notice that the controversial pardons made by both Republican and Democrat presidents tend to be in the last days of their presidency. I predict that Bush will pardon Libby and a few others, including Tom DeLay if he is tried by then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ Jun 8 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]458474[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, at least you're only getting the two guys confused because they have similar names. Fox "News" confused William Jefferson with another black guy.

9. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, she is in again. What's up with not knowing about one's own suspended license.. Twice! Although I pity her for being in the spotlight while she is being punished, she needs to grow up and have a real 'simple life'. I hope this is it, although I doubt it.

10. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We really are a sad nation. With all of our problems, what is on TV (FOX mostly) for almost 24 hrs. ...Paris Hilton !!! :blink:

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 8 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]458388[/snapback]</div>
    Because it had no substance. Come back when you want to talk about somebody relevant, not somebody who was relevant eight years ago.

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 9 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]458606[/snapback]</div>
    YES! I DID include the part where Republican presidents had also made controversial pardons. That just goes to show that I am not the one trying to make this a "Republicans are bad" or a "Democrats are bad" controversy.
    YET, somehow, it is OK for Godiva to write, "Watch Scooter Libby get pardoned next. In fact, they'll probably be along list of republicans that get pardoned before Bush leaves office: Tom Delay, Randy Cunningham, etc. Of course Jefferson will do his full term."

Wth is up with that? :huh: :huh: :rolleyes:
    Isn't that being just a little disingenuous on her part? <_<
    - Apparently not to those of you who feel the need to concoct that flavor of cool-aid for the uninformed to nurse upon.

Hell, so far "W" has been very sparing with whom he has pardoned, yet he is already being roasted for who he M-A-Y pardon in his final days.
    Bill Clinton, on the other hand, didn't even wait till his final days to pardon FLAN members.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jun 9 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]458729[/snapback]</div>
    So what Bill did eight years ago is irrelevant? :huh:
    So how is it then that larkinmj felt it was relevant to point out the same stuff (from my post) regarding Bush #1? . . . done SIXTEEN years ago!

Judging by your cool-aid drool stained shirt, I expected as little from you in a counter-point. :rolleyes:
    Slurp away dude, slurp away. :p

13. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  14. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 23 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]467131[/snapback]</div>
    it's been 3 weeks already? time really DOES fly! :eek:

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 23 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]467131[/snapback]</div>
    The sheriff needs to make room at the county jail for Michelle Delgadillo, wife of Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo the prosecutor whose office so adamantly insisted that Paris be returned to jail for violating her terms of probation by driving while her license was suspended.

Rocky and Michelle story getting good

Rocky's wife cheated on taxes

People who live in glass houses should not cast stones.

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jun 24 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]467334[/snapback]</div>
    Typical juvenile justification.

"All of the other kids do it."

Paris Hilton was driving drunk, she received 3 months that was suspended based on probation and her license was suspended. She violated that probation not once but twice for which she received a 45 day sentence. She served 23 days. What the attorney's wife does or does not do has NOTHING to do with Paris Hilton's violation of the law and responsibility.

17. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 24 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]467350[/snapback]</div>
    I really expected better from you than this flippant response.

You don't seem to be familiar with the facts of either situation.

Paris was not convicted of drunk driving. She was not sentenced to three months. Yes, she was caught twice driving while her license was suspended, but then she received a punishment which was approximately ten times as harsh as what is typically imposed on others in like situations (Los Angeles Times - Hilton will do more time than most, analysis finds).

Michelle Delgadillo, on the other hand, has been driving with a suspended license and without insurance for almost ten years. There was an outstanding warrant for her arrest for a least nine years (no, it was not for parking tickets; reread the articles I linked in my earlier post). She drove her husband's city issued vehicle in violation of city rules and regulations. She was involved in an accident while driving that city owned SUV and had the it repaired at taxpayers expense.

Can you spell hypocrisy?

Exactly where did I advocate that she did not have to do any jail time? She should have received a sentence proportionate to other defendants in similar situations. No less and no more.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This thread is becoming a mirror of the other one. Perhaps one should be locked so you folks don't have to post the same comment in both. :)