1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Paris Hilton

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bob Allen, May 8, 2007.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Am I the only one who thinks Paris Hilton is a self-indulgent, arrogant brat? Would someone explain why we are supposed to be interested in what she says and does? I'm dangerously close to concluding that a lot of people have no lives of their own to live.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bob, why is this in the environmental forum? Are you thinking she would make good compost material or is it the excess hot air comming out of her mouth contributing to global warming and reduced biodiversity (thermal pollution)? :lol:

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 9 2007, 01:48 AM) [snapback]437607[/snapback]</div>
    OOPS! My fault. I thought I was in Fred's House of Pancakes.....I don't know how to move it; only administrators can do that?

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 8 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]437607[/snapback]</div>
    Well, she could be rendered into biodiesel. That'd be one good use for her.

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Perhaps after serving 45 days in prison, she will reflect upon her self-indulgent lifestyle of extreme consumption and re-dedicate herself to saving the rainforest.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We could generate geothermal energy from all the hot air surrounding her...

7. priussoris

priussoris New Member

45 days not long enough, she will do what ever it was she did again but then again who really cares!

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ May 8 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]437603[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I had never heard of her until larkinmj posted a picture of himself with a Paris Hilton look-alike in the What-Do-You-Look-Like thread. I suppose people care what she does because she's hot, and because (myself excepted) she's famous. But I guess you'd have to ask Sufferin' why he felt moved to post the topic. He apparently felt it was quite humorous that an attractive and famous person will be going to jail. It is certainly unusual (and for that reason noteworthy) when a wealthy person goes to jail.

9. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Seriously, who cares, no need to fan the flame of senseless fame.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ May 8 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]437603[/snapback]</div>
    You're on to us. :eek:

11. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    She asked the governor (terminator) to pardon her. I am sure it will be high on his list. :huh:

12. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ May 8 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]437926[/snapback]</div>
    She was quoted on the news as asking Schwarzenegger to "do that Nixon thing." I guess she was either asking for a pardon or offering a sex act. B)
    On her MySpace page, Paris promotes a petition on her behalf: "My friend Joshua started this petition, please help and sihn it. i LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! " Her spelling ability matches some of the frequent posters on FHOP.

13. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 8 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]437957[/snapback]</div>
    She wants the Governator to send burglars to break into the watergate Hotel? Or she wants him to compile an enemies list? Or bug his own office???

I think what she really wants is for the Governator to do "that Ford thing." But then, she's too young to actually remember Ford's pardon of Nixon. It's hard to believe that there are adults who were not alive when that slimebag was President.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 8 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]438028[/snapback]</div>
    Ford or Nixon?

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 8 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]438028[/snapback]</div>
    There will be voters in the next presidential election who weren't alive when Reagan was president.

16. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 8 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]438073[/snapback]</div>
    Nixon. Ford did one slimy thing, but was otherwise only average for a politician. Nixon was a slimebag from the days when he was Joe McCarthy's lapdog, helping to destroy people's lives, right through to his death.

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

...and the funny thing is, the worse she is (ref. that grainy night vid. where she makes some really obnoxious statements like, "She's a public school bitch!"), the more of an "attitude" icon she becomes.... :lol:

18. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 8 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]437957[/snapback]</div>
    I said she is a "bird brain." If this is how she spells and uses grammar I believe the poster who said Paris has a GED diploma. To me nobody that stupid should be inheriting all that money from Mommy & Daddy.

19. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ May 9 2007, 11:28 AM) [snapback]438396[/snapback]</div>
    A very good argument can be made against inheritance altogether. On the one side, people say, "I worked hard for my money and I want my kids to benefit from it." But on the other hand, inheritance creates inequality of opportunity and permanent poor and wealthy classes. Most wealthy people never earned their wealth. And most poor people work long hard hours and never get enough for their labor to live a decent life.

On the one side you can argue that an even division of wealth would encourage larger families, but on the other side, it would probably greatly reduce crime because fewer people would be forced outside the mainstream economy to survive.

But as long as inheritance is permitted, I'd don't think you'd want the government deciding who is qualified to inherit and who is not.

There was a cartoon in the New Yorker: Two kings sitting on a bench, and one of them is saying something about how Monarchy as a system is basically unjust, but, he continues, "it's always worked pretty well for me." I think that inheritance is basically unjust, but the consolation is that it worked pretty well for me. My dad was one of those who felt that, having worked hard for his money (he was born into a poor family and made a success of himself) he wanted to leave it to his kids. The IRS got 50%, and I got 25% of what remained after that, or 1/8. So I don't begrudge Paris her millions, even though my inheritance was miniscule by comparison.

And back on topic, I'm glad she'll be spending a few weeks in jail because I think she'll be able to use the experience to become a better person. Jail isn't hell. It's just having the doors lock on the outside, and meeting a socioeconomic class that we middle-class (or rich) folks seldom get to meet on an even footing.

20. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 9 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]438666[/snapback]</div>
    The highest stat I've seen is that 42% of the wealthy in American inherited their wealth, which, if true, means that most do not inherit it.

But I think all the stats are estimates, since we don't really measure or tax wealth on the federal level. We tax the productive people earning a wage, not the ones living off of inheritances. Consumption taxes are a better way to go in this respect.

As to Ms. Hilton, I keep telling you guys she is money-smart. Paris Hilton EARNED 6.5 million for her TV and public appearance work in 2004. Forbes said:

Source: http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/53/U3HH.html

Heck, I'd even start going out without underwear for 6.5 million.