1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Park Assist in a 2007 Prius - how does it work?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jrglacey, Aug 22, 2013.

1. jrglacey

jrglacey New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there,

I recently bought a Japanese import 2007 Prius it features Park Assist.
    I haven't managed to get it working (all in Japanese), then English manuals of a 2007 Prius don't mention it, possibly because they didn't sell Park Assist outside Japan at this time.
    From the demos I have seen it appears you have to press the button whilst in drive, drive past the gap until you hear a second beep, then follow on screen adjustments. I have pressed the Park Assist button, when in reverse I get the screen option of back in or parallel park, but no prompts are given to me when driving forward.
    I'm beginning to wonder if my car has had a bumper (fender) replacement, and the sensors are no longer there.
    Does anyone know how this system works, could it be the sensors are hidden under the bumper?
    I have looked on YouTube and it is difficult to find someone using this on a 2nd Generation Prius, seems to be quite a rare feature at that time.

Thanks for your help.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thats pretty cool on the JDM. Never seen that before. In America park assist is only on Gen 3 models so try posting in the Gen 3
    Maintenance section. I do not know how that mode functions.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I moved this thread from the Gen2 forum into the Gen3 forum. jrglacey has a Gen2 but a question Gen3 owners can help with.

This is not in the wrong forum.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok Tony sorry.

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I would suspect the sensors are on the wrong side of the car. Remember, in Japan it's right hand drive, and you parallel park on the left not the right.

bwilson4web likes this.
  6. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The UK Prius Tspirit models have auto park assist from 2006 on. I assume from your avatar your in Brighton UK. The instructions from memory are in a separate book but I will check and let you have the details of the book so you can order from your dealer. I would copy and send them to you but it is a very thick book.

John (Britprius)

7. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The OP appears to be in the UK and we drive on the same side of the road as Japan. However this makes no difference as the system is capable of parallel parking on either side and also box parking.

John (Britprius)

8. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I misinformed you on where the instructions are for the "intelligent park assist". They are in the owners manual for 2006/9 Prius Part number 01999-47569, Publication number OM 47569E starting on page 260 finishing on page 320.
    It "may" be possible to use the satnav if you purchase the UK/European DVD's as I am not sure if the direction commands are on the discs or stored elsewhere. There are four discs in the set one for the UK the other 3 for Europe and Scandinavia.
    Instructions for operating the satnav are in a separate book.

John (Britprius)

bwilson4web likes this.