1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Park Assist potential Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by PianoBench, Apr 20, 2017.

1. PianoBench

PianoBench Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello, I have a prius 2016 generation 4 with parking assist. Or park assist. This is just an FYI, but I have noticed that the parking assist could potentially not function well in the rain/wet vs. dry.

During dry weather, the parking assist is perfect and wonderful. It parks the car correctly and leaves aboit 6 to 8 inches of clearance from the curb. It works on straight parallel parking and curved parallel parking.

The only time park assist has failed me is when it once parked the rear tire right up against the curb. This was a curved parallel parking situation. Normally it performs this very well. But this time, it came as a shock to me as it would never go anywhere near that close to the curb. This situation appears to occur after it rains or whenever the parking sensors are covered with debris or water droplets even.

I will be parking with my side mirrors rotated down to watch for curb rash from now on.

Some additional related sources below.

Parking sensor issues after heavy rain | PriusChat

RCO likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

He ran into the same problem.

tucatz and RCO like this.
  3. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have a 2016 with IPA and use it all the time. I love it, amazing. Mine seems to park further away from curbs than I would do myself manual human. Dude. I do have curb rash on both sides of these beautiful rims, every scape is my fault not the computer. I should go outside with a black Sharpie and touch up the skid marks.

RCO likes this.