1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking lot scrape

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sarge, Jul 6, 2006.

1. DaveOrgans

DaveOrgans New Member

This technique won't do much when parking in a public parking lot because many of the cars will have more than one occupant, but I use the following technique at work to minimize dings. First, I work on the assumption that most of the people who work at my facility drive to work by themselves. I.E. very few two person occupancy vehicles. This means that the passenger side doors of almost all of the cars are not used. Thus, when I park, I park facing in the opposite direction of the cars on either side of me and I 'cheat' my passenger door closer to the passenger side door of the car next to me. The result is a LOT more space between my driver side door and the driver side door of the car next to me. As a result of this extra space, I have not received any dings in my car for the last three years. I figure in the rare case I do obstruct a passenger door, the driver can back the car out to load his passenger.

Dave H.