1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking lot scratch and ding

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mmbrenda, Oct 29, 2017.

1. mmbrenda

mmbrenda New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So my poor Prius got dinged and scratched in a parking lot. A tall truck parked next to me and the corner of his door dinged and scratched mine. Now it’s not very big overall but since the car is only 3 months old to me I’d really like to get this fixed. Does anyone have any idea of how much this could cost?

Attached Files:

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is that down to the metal? I have no idea what that would cost but probably more than you would guess. Take it to a shop and have them go over your options.

RCO and alanclarkeau like this.
  3. Fester

Fester Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One of the things I learned in the 7 years I had my 08’ Prius after a small ding on my door was the value of door side moldings. Had them installed by a local detailer yesterday. The only problem was that the install documentation for Toyota OEM moldings was about as clear as mud.

4. Tande

Tande Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Around this area, the "Paint-less/Dent/Removal" guys do a great job! ......have used them a couple of times......looks like yours may need repainting, though......:cry:

kithmo likes this.
  5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not only is it dented, but gouged. The paint is gone. If you just want it to be one colour, then you can bondo and paint the area. A shop may charge $300-$400 to do that sort of thing. However you will always be able to see it if you look, almost impossible to colour match that way.

The correct way of doing it would be to replace the entire door skin and that would then also require a respray of the entire door plus the front fender, A-pillar and rear driver side door. I had the same thing happen to my Leaf when the temp tags were on, except on the rear passenger door. Total cost to fix OTD was close to $2K. I prefer to do things properly versus cheaply.

6. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Chip/scratch removal guys would be able to do that, they could rub it down fill it and paint, cheaper than a body shop.

RCO likes this.