1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parking Sensors In Base Prime 2022?

Discussion in 'Prime Technical Discussion' started by Joe Cowie, May 12, 2022.

1. Joe Cowie

Joe Cowie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    I've ordered the base model 2022 PP, I know it doesn't have Intelligent Clearance Sonar with Intelligent Parking Assist

However will it at least beep at me if I pull in too close to a wall when parking, this seems like such a standard feature for 2022.

If not, is there something I can add to my base model as it will save potential body damage in the future, I don't see this feature being enough to justify a $6K upgrade to the top trim.

2. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The warnings when parking is the ICS which is only available on the top trim.

I had it with my 2016 Prius and while it was useful sometimes it was also not great for the one problem I always have with low ground clearance cars, the parking blocks and curbs in parking lots. The front bumper sensors are up in the middle and don't recognize that stuff and will let you crack the bottom and scratch up the plastic without nary a peep. Now that backup cameras are standard I mostly back into spots these days.

My other pet peeve with ICS was the sensors would get covered in snow and ice during every snow storm and I'd spend most of my dive with
    dire warnings on my dash telling me to stop and clean them all, until I turn it off in the settings. For 4 months of the year they were more of an annoyance.

Joe Cowie likes this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As commented already, it is part of ICS. I have had all three trims of PP with or without ICS. I currently have the Limited trim with ICS, but if I had a choice, I would have purchased a LE model without ICS and a large screen for sure. I have not turned off the function but to date, I have not found it to be useful. Yeah, one of those days I may thank for the functionality, but for the most part that beeping sonar is simply an annoyance to me.

Joe Cowie likes this.