1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Part # for driver side door panel clips?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yossi, May 12, 2021.

1. yossi

yossi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am getting ready to replace the door lock actuator on a 2008 base. I read a few posts and people suggest to have a few extra panel clips ready since they tend to snap when you pull it off the door. Any guidance on exactly what kind of clips to get? there seem to be a million varieties

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've never had a problem with breaking panel clips, it's the four bolts that are at risk of getting busted where they mount when someone tries to do this for the first time. Also there's never anything wrong with the actual switch. The problem is the rubber cover that over time deteriorates into a glue like putty that prevents the button from moving. So you have to scrape and clean off all that nasty and cover it in a thick piece of rubber or gasket material with some glue around the edges.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The OP is asking about the driver's side door clips in preparation for changing the actuator. You seem to be referring to the hatch switch. Wrong thread, maybe?

4. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yeah, my bad, I thought they were referring to the rear hatch latch not the door... Too late to edit / correct it though.

5. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Probably the white clips, take your panel off and compare. Best to remove door panel when it is above 70 degrees.

prius door panel clips - Google Search

6. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two