1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Part II: Installation and Initial Review of Valenti JDM full LED tail lamps from TWP

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by HI MPG, Jun 28, 2011.

1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Valenti Japan has something similar but I don't see any indication that it'll fit the Prius. There's a red version of the Prius 3rd brake light available but no guarantee it'll be an exact match to the red Valenti lights.

2. Geezus $195 for a red lens kit?! I'll stick with that red vinyl.

3. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Now, you know they say that you get what you pay for! lol!! My dude is looking into pricing for the smoked Valenti one you showed me..... Prob best to go with it, since they ARE the manufacturers of our tail lights!

4. True...now if Valenti had front turn signal led lights, I would get those.

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Same here. I sincerely hope they come out with it. The current aftermarket LED ones aren't too attractive with thick gray or silver border. If Valenti can make the best looking taillights out there, they can do the same with the front turn signals, sans the distracting border.

1 person likes this.
  6. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So, what would be different about Valenti signals, as opposed to ones from another manufacturer like the one I bought from, MBRO?

MBRO???? ????????????????

7. D Unit

D Unit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where'd did you order the Mbro from? They look really nice.

8. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Luis, from Carson Toyota (310-522-2383) got them for me. He gets stuff at a discounted price thru the dealership and their connections.

9. If the price was right, I think a good amount of members would want these.

10. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just reached him from him being out to lunch, and he's checking to see about a price for multiple purchases, versus just a handful of people.....

11. Sounds good. Hopefully this won't turn into another failed Valenti or JDM side view mirror purchase situation ;)

12. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Im in for the high mount

13. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't like them. The border is too thick and I don't need my turn signals looking like cheese grater. Valenti can design a better, cleaner version without the distracting border and even include a daytime driving light like bino's. Bino's signals also have the thick gray border so no go for those either.

14. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been told that I lean toward the "blingier" things in the past....lol. I just liked the way they blended into the fogs underneath. Otherwise, aftermarket LED signals might look......aftermarket...

I use my fogs for driving lights currently, and then I plan on installing an "angel eye" LED kit that is supposed to work in conjunction with the current fogs. And then hopefully I'll find LED lights that are larger like the Audi ones (not the tiny ones in the adhesive strips that people are sticking on under their headlights) to mount on the front of the body kit, which I might use for driving lights after they are installed..... It just depends on which one looks better. I just realized moments earlier that Hawaiianbuilt has these MBRO lights on his.....not in chrome, but another flatter finish....I think.

15. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is what bino's turn signals/DRLs look like. No cheese grater like the MBRO but the thick gray border has to go.

[​IMG]

16. D Unit

D Unit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the amber MBRO ones personally...

[​IMG]

17. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Hey, Goldie;

18. Ragz

Ragz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I bought led headlights from Kazen, ebay store. They have led's circling the light and 5 across the top. They look great, the guys name is Joei Choi , [email protected].
    I just did a quick search and the store is closed. Try to email him or go to his facebook page if you are interested

19. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey!! lol! I've been waiting FOREVER for Drunken Master to respond with news from his guys... He has LED peeps who customize headlights, and they were supposed to be seeing about making some with LED's that went CLEAR across the headlights, like the AUDI cars have, cause I wasn't crazy about his he was selling on Amazon that were like the ones you bought from the Joei Choi guy... To me, the 5 LED's just kinda stop 1/2 way from what looks right..... The LED's need to keep going on across the headlights. I like the size of the LED's on the headlights with the 5 LEDs built-in on top, as opposed to the little tiny LEDs in those strips people are sticking on underneath their lights, which I really dislike a lot. But, the 5 just isn't what I'm looking for, so I never bought them..... I just think to myself, everytime I see the 5 LED's, that someone musta stolen half of them! lol! Or they ran out of the LEDs before they could finish the headlights, so they just stopped 1/2 way! lol! I've looked at them a thousand times, but unfortunately just can't bring myself to like them for my car. Here's the ones I had hashed over previously on posts on here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004JL92U0/ref=nosim/priuschatcom-20
    [​IMG]

I almost forget about the headlights now, cause it's been so many months now since he was gonna let me know something...