1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Part Number for Lexus glove box LED?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ES44AC, Nov 4, 2020.

1. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Years back there was a Lexus P/N posted for the small LED light in the Prius glove box. Changing it makes it a white light.

Does anyone have that P/N or even remember what Lexus model the LED came from?

I did it to my first 2011 and would like to do it again if I can source the LED.

Thanks,

"ES"

2. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    They use these for the footwell area.
    Maybe it is the same?
    Screenshot_2020-07-31-18-31-17.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Hydrocket

Hydrocket Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    #3 Hydrocket, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  4. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks that appears to be what I have, but I can't find a reference to it being a Lexus part, all the photos of it show it as a Toyota part. No sense in buying what I already have :D Don't need another amber one.

"ES"

#4 ES44AC, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  5. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. Hydrocket

Hydrocket Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Odd.

I just clicked the link and it works.

7. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My car is a II and I have no foot well lights, just the ones in the bottom door edge. I'ave got some light panels that I could use, but no way to control the brilliance once turned on. They'd make it look like someone was welding in the foot well, clearly too bright to have on when driving. :D
    Seems OK now. I find them on eBay from the UAE... the LED is 8.34 and the shipping is $27 wheee! That amber is looking better all the time lol

"ES"

8. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My car is a II and I have no foot well lights, just the ones in the bottom door edge. I'ave got some light panels that I could use, but no way to control the brilliance once turned on. They'd make it look like someone was welding in the foot well, clearly too bright to have on when driving. :D
    Seems OK now. I find them on eBay from the UAE... the LED is 8.34 and the shipping is $27 wheee! That amber is looking better all the time lol

"ES"

9. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  10. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks that's what I figured, but I will forgo changing it out. The prices are ridiculous for such a small item heck I only see it when I open the glove box at night. would have been cool but not for anywhere from $25 to almost $40 from the UAE. I have an extra amber one that I will never use, I wonder if there's an amber lens over a white led on that oem one? Maybe I could dig it out with a pin and save a bundle, it's never going to be used anyway.

Appreciate the help.

"ES"

11. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks that's what I figured, but I will forgo changing it out. The prices are ridiculous for such a small item heck I only see it when I open the glove box at night. would have been cool but not for anywhere from $25 to almost $40 from the UAE. I have an extra amber one that I will never use, I wonder if there's an amber lens over a white led on that oem one? Maybe I could dig it out with a pin and save a bundle, it's never going to be used anyway.

Appreciate the help.

"ES"