1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parts Available Only in Japan

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Washingtonian, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If you Google the Toyota part # 08162-47030, you will find about ten Japanese companies that sell them. I notice that two of them, rakuten.co.jp and buyee.jp/yahoo state that they have international shipping to the U.S. On the buyee (yahoo) site, the price is listed at 10,495 yen or $96.03; thus, different sites have different prices. Rakuten lists a lot of items for the Prime, including black leather seat covers. The thing that I am interested in is their fender lamp. Looks like a small antenna with a blue light on the tip. Not only does it make you car look more JDM than the Super Saloon emblem, but it would help in parking to know where the corner of your car is. I tried to get a shipping estimate on the yahoo site, but wasn't successful.

Since2002 likes this.
  2. knchngchn

knchngchn New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ooops I meant to ask you to get that when you are IN Japan.

3. Washingtonian

Washingtonian Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If I can order a part from Japan there is no reason to purchase it there, pay tax on it, then carry it from Japan to Taiwan and then back to Seattle. While in Japan I want to look at the fender lamp, p/n 08510-47140 to see how it attaches to the fender and if you need to drill a hole or not. I intend to spend some time in Taipei after Japan. Just checked with the Toyota dealer there and found that they do not sell the Prius Prime in Taiwan, so probably no parts available there.