1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parts check, 07 suspension

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by theclarinetguy32, Jun 11, 2018.

1. theclarinetguy32

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,
    wanted to run these parts by folks to see what else might be recommended or needed for a suspension replacement job.

I’ve tried to comb through the various postings on the 07 non-touring parts and I think this is it. Long overdue for a replacement but want to make sure I’m not missing anything.
    Comments I've seen about the front springs say they shouldn't need to be replaced unless it's obvious the rust monster has eaten too much away, just re-use and have them pressed with the new parts. Any objections to that?

Have read through quite a few postings on suspension replacement for the 2G so I think I'm on solid enough ground for knowledge. But any pointers or references folks feel I should read through again would be most welcome.

Thank you

Front:
    Strut - LH
    48510-80274

Strut - RH
    48520-80064

Rear:
    ABSORBER SET, REAR RH
    48530-49715
    (the sites I’ve found keep saying LH/RH for this part number but some have mentioned a 48540 for the LH side. Is this truly identical for each or is there an actual difference?)

When I replaced the front bearings in late winter I had some problems with rusted castle nuts on both the lower ball and tie rods coming into the knuckle area. Got new castle nuts on and retaining pin in, barely. Not an imminent issue of the nut coming off anytime soon but the overall joint took enough of a beating with trying to get the old bearings out plus repeatedly trying to get the new nut threaded on that I figured it wouldn’t hurt to replace given everything else in the wheel area will be torn apart.

Lower Ball Joint
    43330-49055

Lower Ball Joint Nut
    90178-14011

Outer Tie Rod
    45047-49075

Outer Tie Rod
    45046-49145

Outer Tie Rod Nut
    90080-17265