1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I recently received an email advertising discount Toyota (and many other manufacturers) parts at parts.com. I looked on the parts.com website and it appeared the discount % offered was generally greater than many dealer websites, so I decided to try it, buying 14 line items of parts for 2G / 3G Prius and my 2006 HiHy.

The order was promptly and accurately fulfilled by Frontier Toyota in Valencia, CA; hence an excellent outcome.

Has anyone else bought Toyota or other brand parts from parts.com; and if so who ended up fulfilling the order? I was wondering whether several dealerships do the fulfillment for parts.com since they offer such a wide range of brands.

As a side note, I was surprised at how flimsy the 3G Prius oil filter cartridge is. Looks like something that you would find on a leaf blower's gas motor or something. In the past I owned one other vehicle that used a filter cartridge - a 1992 Mercedes 400E (4.2 liter, 32 valve V8). That cartridge was structurally substantial and fit in an aluminum housing - instead of a housing with a black plastic cover.

Robert Holt, Priusyipee and exstudent like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    when i was in the distribution game, we signed up with an on line company to flog our wares. any orders from within a certain geographic area came into our system. there was an annual fee, and it was well worth it.

Daves09prius likes this.
  3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thx for sharing the find. I'll bool mark them and investigate them for my next purchase. Always good to save money on OEM parts.

Just annoyed that dealers who have an online site, won't match other online dealer prices.

4. Priusyipee

Priusyipee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Patrick! OEM Prices have increased significantly over the past 3 years. Nice to have another online option!