1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parts needed for Prius 3, can we bring some parts from used Prius 2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by KhalidFromMorocco, Mar 22, 2019.

1. KhalidFromMorocco

KhalidFromMorocco New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone,

I'm Khalid from Morocco, Prius 3 owner since 2017; and this is my first post here in PriusChat (thoough, I was a follower since 2017).
    Recently, I have encountered a problem with my car which was flooded in water.
    Now, I need to replace some parts, particulary in the hybird battery (which was totally flooded) electronics.
    My prius is at the local dealer,for now they identified essentially two parts damaged and to be replaced :
    - Sensor, Battery Voltag, ref : 89892-47080
    - OEM-Fuse Relay-Junction Block, ref : G92Z0-47011

And as the Pris is very rare here in Morocco, there are no available parts, but I found a used car parts dealer having some Prius 2 in their end of life.

My question, can those 2 parts be brought from a Prius 2 to my Prius 3.

Thanks in advance.
    Have a nice day :)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

best way to find out is log on to techinfo.toyota.com to see if they have the same part numbers

KhalidFromMorocco likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Toyota TIS (techinfo.toyota.com) doesn’t include a parts catalog, and it covers only vehicles built for sale in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, for which parts information is available at no charge on parts.toyota.com.

In any case, I believe the battery voltage sensor 89892-47080 is used only on third-generation Prius, Prius v (Prius α), and Lexus CT200h vehicles. The HV battery junction block assembly G92Z0-47011 is used on those models and also on the Auris Hybrid, Sienta Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid, and Lexus GS Hybrid.
    If by “Prius 2” you mean a second-generation Prius (model years 2004–2009), I’m afraid not. Those older models used a different design for the HV battery and control system, and the parts would not be compatible.

KhalidFromMorocco likes this.
  4. KhalidFromMorocco

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you very much @Elektroingenieur for the detailed answer, this is very useful for me.
    Now, I'll search for those needed parts as you guided me.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  5. KhalidFromMorocco

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for your reply.