1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Parts Schematics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by obscenefrogtour, Feb 28, 2018.

1. obscenefrogtour

obscenefrogtour New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hey All,

Where can I find a detailed set of schematics displaying an exploded diagram of the car's parts, listing the part numbers? This is for the 2008 Prius Model 3 (Touring).

Specifically, I need to replace:
    1. The headlamp covers
    2. All the fasteners necessary to remove the headlamp assemblies
    3. All the fasteners necessary to remove the windshield washer reservoir
    4. All the fasteners necessary to remove the fuse box in the engine compartment
    I fell down a rabbit hole when I went to change the driver-side headlamp for the first time on my preowned Prius, and now I have some work to do.

I went to unscrew the plastic headlamp cover to replace the headlamp, and I found that all the "fins" (the plastic pieces that protrude from the headlamp cover to supply leverage to unscrew it) have been broken off. With the small clearance, it was impossible to turn the headlamp cover.

I read that I could move the fuse box in the engine compartment to give more work space. So I went to move the fuse box, but all the fasteners were corroded. I might be able to get them out with a good overnight PB Blaster soak, but I'd only want to do so if I had the replacement bolt on-hand.

Finally, I went to remove the headlamp assembly (and therefore the bumper cover--if only partially), but I found the same thing--the first (phillips-head) fastener I tried to unscrew was corroded tight. And I stripped the poor phillips head a bit trying to pry it out. Moreover, I broke many of the plastic fasteners.

I bought this car in upstate NY, so it's had its share of salty roads over the past 10 years.

Before I proceed, I'd like to buy a big bag of the necessary replacement fasteners (all that I need + spares) so that--after I get the original bolts out--I can screw the replacement (well anti-seize-coated) bolts in-place. And replace all those old plastic fasteners too.

And, of course, replace those plastic headlamp covers with the broken fins!

But where can I find a list of part numbers that I need to put together an order for this work? And where can I order the parts?

2. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. obscenefrogtour

obscenefrogtour New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Wonderful resource, thank you!

Unfortunately, one of these bolts is >$10 online. Am I doing something wrong? I don't mind spending $10 on a 20-pack, but why does one bolt cost $10? Surely I must be missing something..

Specifically, this is for the "Front Bumper Cover Cushion" Phillips-head bolt = part # 53119-47010. I'd like to get 4, but $40 is insane for 4 tiny bolts.

* TOYOTA OEM 04-09 Prius Front Bumper-bumper Cover Cushion 5311947010 | eBay

Where can I find these parts at a reasonable price?

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    WELCOME TO PRIUS PRICING..... It's a specialty part, ding! You could always try a salvage yard. I find sometimes if I Google a PN# I will actually find a dealer who is less expensive than others!

#4 KK6PD, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  5. Bill the Engineer

Bill the Engineer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    autobeyours.com

Ask for Steve.

KK6PD likes this.