1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger Door Doesn't Fit / Align Perfectly

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by O Haiii, Dec 26, 2019.

1. O Haiii

O Haiii New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Right when I open the front passenger door and it comes off the latch, the door shifts down towards the ground a tiny bit. It doesn't have any adverse effects - no additional road noise, rattles, etc but it is evident that the door is not perfectly aligned. I tried shaking the door up and down while fully open and there is no play whatsoever. It probably is fine but it feels like crap every time the door opens and i see it shake off the latch. Anyone have similar issues? I would suggest you guys go check your car as well. Try all 4 doors and see what happens right when you open it and it comes off the latch.

Edit: I have a 2020 Prius Prime.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    should be under warranty

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Chazman62

Chazman62 Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    A very similar problem was found on my back-then brand new Jeep Cherokee right rear passenger door. Because of that problem, it was a bit more difficult to close and open as well comparing to other 3 doors. A Jeep dealer was never able to fix it completely. I just lived with it until I got rid of the car. Ever since then it became my habit to open and close all doors multiple times whenever I buy a car.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just for giggles, check the problem side for paint over-spray, any and all signs of bodywork. It happens: up here the standard new car sales agreement saying in effect the "new" car can have sustained damage requiring up to 20% of it's retail value in bodywork repair costs. Yup...

Montgomery likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Until both parties have signed the document, it's essentially a printed piece of paper, it's not legally binding until both parties are happy with the content and have signed it..

Dealerships would like you to think it's unalterable, but it's not: you're free to (for example) cross out the "20%" and write in $500, initial the revision and ask the dealership rep to do the same. They may balk, though.

I've done this once or twice; the last time at least I did not. But yeah, just food for thought.

6. O Haiii

O Haiii New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting. Ok will check. Thanks!

Mendel Leisk likes this.