1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger door panel is terrorized

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by ppongi, Mar 16, 2019.

1. ppongi

ppongi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    As photographed (much worse than it appears in the photo), passe nger side door panel terrorized. It has a creasing at the top of the door panel as well.

Found the person who did it and she denied any wrongdoing first so I ended up calling the police. They said it matches with the damage but not sure whether it is written in a manner like that in the police report.

Got a quote for $740 (without 4-day rental) but the person is not responding to the quote or nothing.

Is there any way we can contact her insurance company and file a claim? I have all the info I need to do so.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    A good starting point might be to contact your insurance company with the police report and any information you have from the other driver.

ppongi likes this.
  3. smyles

smyles Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    First, "terrorized"?

2nd, if you can prove the other person did the damage (swung her door too wide?), you contact and file the claim with her insurance; alternatively, you can go thru your own, at risk of never recovering your deductible, whatever it is.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    "Vandalized" is better term. For title as well?

Yeah, work with the cops and insurance. Get the car fixed first, so you feel better, and then try to sort out the $'s.

#4 Mendel Leisk, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    jerrymildred and ppongi like this.
  5. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    in my state, PA, when i was hit by another driver. cops were called, she made up alternate versions, but she rear ended me so it was stated as such in the police report. with that info i called HER insurance company directly and filed a claim against HER insurance. i never contacted my insurance at all. they waited for her acknowledgement and a copy of the police report. i went and got an estimate at the shop THEY recommended...they accepted the estimate. within a week i had approval to go ahead with the repair, they paid the shop directly for claim. the shop even added some supplements to the claim for damage that was discovered after they started the work. if you have police report listing her insurance and her being at fault, push ahead with filing the claim on her insurance. in my case the only hold up was for them to get a copy of the police report. which if i recall i went and picked up and faxed to her insurance. dont involve your insurance unless they deny your claim. only then do you get your insurance involved to process the claim and maybe they subrogate the claim , aka go after the other insurance company. if not for the whole amount , for at least your deductible.

kevin.c likes this.