1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger rear Power window mystery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Senchronize, May 31, 2022.

1. Senchronize

Senchronize Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bought a 2005 Prius three weeks ago and fixed a bunch of things, finally got to a non responsive passenger rear window. (Low priority). All the other power windows work (driver side perfect, other two a bit slow) the passenger rear has no motor sound at all so I assumed it’s a bad motor, purchases a motor and finally got to work on it today.

Right off the bat (after taking the door panel off) I noticed the power plug isn’t connected, low expectations but I plugged it in and then turned car power on and the window automatically rolled itself down to the lowest setting. (At this point I’m suspecting that’s why it was disconnected by the previous owner). I cannot roll it back up from that switch or the drivers master switch, I swapped the switch out with the front passenger and tried to isolate the issue, still won’t come up. So my natural conclusion is the motor is bad. I took everything out, cleaned the regulator brackets, swapped out to the good motor.

and viola! It rolled itself down to the lowest level again and I cannot roll it back up. I’m now suspecting the master rear passenger switch might be the issue?it is somehow telling that window to go down automatically? While I’m waiting for a replacement to arrive I’m hoping maybe you guys might have insights or know a fix that I don’t, thanks!

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So have you used a voltmeter to check that you get 12 V at the up and down terminals of the switch when you switch the rocker to the appropriate position?

Have you tried applying 12 V directly to the motor inputs for both up and down?

In my mind you cannot conclude it is either the switch or the motor that is the problem without doing such testing.

3. Senchronize

Senchronize Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    it was the master switch