1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger Seat Rattle

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Element27, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Element27

Element27 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've noticed when I drive and no one is sitting in the passenger seat, the seat rattles and vibrates alot. More so than any other car I've driven. Is this normal?
    It's the seat back that shakes. It just doesn't seem very solid. Is it just the nature of the seat Toyota puts in subcompact cars?

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Mine doesn't shake... get it checked... could cause major injuries if in a wreck.

minkus likes this.
  3. VirgilCane

VirgilCane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought my 2013 Prius C on August 4 and there is no shaking or rattling. I would definitely get it serviced. The only problem I've had so far is I accidentally pushed on the trip meter to reset my trip mileage when it was on ODO. I didn't know this at the time but that changes you from MPH to KPH. I was wondering why everyone was tailgating me when I was doing the speed limit until I realized I was only going 35 KPH. I pulled over and called the service department at my dealer but got a new tech that didn't know how to reset it so he told me to bring it in. So I went to the owners manual and that's when I learned that some models do this if you push Trip while it's in ODO.

RocMills likes this.
  4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Before you go to a dealer, just jump in that seat and try to slide it forward or back a bit and ensure it's firmly locked in place... it's not unusual after you've adjusted it that if you just try to rock it forward or back with your weight you'll hear a big clunk as it locks if it didn't do so cleanly.

stevemcelroy likes this.
  5. Element27

Element27 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for all the advice guys! I may just have to take it in. I made sure it "clicked" into place but when I drive on the highway, 70+ mph, that's when I notice the passenger seat back/headrest just vibrating like crazy. I have a feeling the dealership will just tell me its normal.

It just doesn't feel like a solid seat.

6. Jrlennox74

Jrlennox74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having the same problem with my front passenger seat on my pruis c 2013. I've taken it to the toyota dealer 7 times and they have done so many different things to it and it's still making that rattling sound when I hit a bump in the road. They are now ordering a new seat and replacing the one in the car.

bisco likes this.
  7. ricomtl

ricomtl Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Ohhh! Glad I found this thread, this is exactly what I'm experiencing with my new Prius v as well. As soon as I hit bumps, the passenger seat shakes & vibrates a lot. I thought it was a the belt metal clip that was banging against the plastic but it's the seat itself! It's really annoying! I'll report it to the dealer!

8. Jrlennox74

Jrlennox74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was finally able to get my seat fixed after all theset trips to Toyota. I'm told they replaced the seat back on the front passenger seat of my 13 Prius c 3.

9. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Why just the seat back, why not the entire seat?

Jrlennox74 likes this.
  10. Jrlennox74

Jrlennox74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have no idea why they wouldn't replace the whole seat. Funny after they said they replaced the seat back the sound came back. I took it in a few more times and they finally said they replaced the seat track.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.