1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger side A/C not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 79kgman, Jun 26, 2021.

1. 79kgman

79kgman New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2014 Prius Three. The A/C on the passenger side blows warmer air than the driver’s side. I think the air coming in the passenger side matches the temp outside, which in my part of California is uncomfortably hot. The driver’s side works perfectly. I checked the actuator door on the passenger side to see if it was faulty but it’s in working order. Has anybody had this same issue?

It seems that a lot of people have the opposite problem with the driver’s side malfunctioning.

2. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Put the A/C on high fan with the temp on low and all four windows down. Open the hood and look for bubbles in the sight glass. The sight glass is on the high pressure line next to the engine coolant expansion tank. I imagine you will see bubbles, and if so, you are low on refrigerant.

BTW, this is posted in the wrong forum.
    Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    BTW, that is BAD advice.
    It depends on how MANY bubbles you see.....and what size they are.

And you need to explain why that would somehow cause a BIG temperature difference between the drivers side outlets and the passenger side. Hint: It won't.

4. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Can't help you much on your Gen3- only have experience on Gen2 - here in this Gen2 forum.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.