1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger side mirror mount

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Whosyourfarmer, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Whosyourfarmer

Whosyourfarmer New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Damaged the passenger side mirror on my prius prime plus. Mirror and housing are actually fine. I can still adjust the tilt of the mirror electrically. It's the arm/mount that connects the mirror to the body that is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Anyone know how to find that drawing and order the proper part? Anyone know how tough it will be to replace that myself?

Thanks!

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Whosyourfarmer

Whosyourfarmer New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks! It looks like I would just need to pop off the interior door panel, loosen some nuts and replace.

Is that an accurate assessment? What tools would I need to safely remove and replace the door panel.

4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, I have never worked on Prime body or any car's mirror myself. Have replaced door handle on Sienna once, it took special star shaped screwdriver. Also, parts probably comes just primed. You still need to match the paint to the rest of body. I hope someone familiar with body work will chime in. Good luck.

#4 Salamander_King, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018