1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Passenger side rattle solved (TSB)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by dmanthree, Dec 20, 2010.

1. dmanthree

dmanthree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I visited my dealer for something else, but I thought I'd take a chance and mentioned that my car (2010 III) had a passenger side rattle. He said that there was a TSB for that, and had a tech perform the fix. The rattle is gone. The TSB number is:

T-SB-0141-10
    Upper/Lower Windshield/Rear Glass Tick Noise

The work consisted of the replacement of a couple of stoppers at the top of the windshield. I would not have guessed that this was the cause, but the rattle is gone (for two days, anyway).

9 people like this.
  2. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for sharing that info...I will note the TSB number for one of my future visits. There is also a clip under the dash that can cause ticking-rattles that in some Prii has broken. I wonder if there is a TSB for that one?

3. rpeek2

rpeek2 Dry Ice Juggler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  4. Ninjawife

Ninjawife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My rear hatch glass has been making this noise. I will be sure to have this fixed. Thank you!

5. dmanthree

dmanthree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    phoenixgreg,

Where is that clip located? I don't have the noise; I'm curious. BTW, still no rattle on the passenger side. I think this TSB is the fix for it.

6. phoenixgreg

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I read it in another thread...sorry as there are so many "rattle" threads I can't find it now. But the OP on his thread said the dealership took the top of the dash off somehow (would love to know that procedure) and there was a clip in the central dash area near the binnacle cluster that was cracked or broken causing a deep rattle behind the dash. I think I have that rattle and am ready to complain to my dealership about it. It may have to wait until after the holidays.

Maybe they will let me watch - I'm a "hands on" type and would love to see the underside of the dash. I would not tackle it myself as the airbag is tucked under there too. Too risky for a DIY.

7. phoenixgreg

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ninjawife

Ninjawife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you so much for the information. I had my vehicle at the dealer this weekend for regular service and noted the TSB and the problem with my rear hatch for review. They test drove it, heard the noise and ended up installing a line of insulation in the lower back hatch glass and now my car is back to normal and super quiet. It was not the clips that the TSB mentioned but a similar issue.
    Fixed under warranty and what a difference!