1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

passenger side window not going up (closing) with drivers window control panel

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jahanzeb sajjad khan, Jul 21, 2020.

1. jahanzeb sajjad khan

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hi , i have been driving prius since 2016 it was all fine till today that i turned my car on and when i tried to open the rear passenger seat window from driver side window switch it worked fine , but when i tried to close it from driver side it did not work . it didnt even respond ,
    opening and closing of window is working fine with the rear passenger side door window control switch
    i have been watching multiple threats for solution but there was no clear answer , can any one help in this group

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try cleaning the contacts on the switch

3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a safety "off" option button that only can be operated on the drivers panel. One can click it while a window is open or closed and once it is activated, the window will not move. If it is moved, it can cause the window to not move. Some type of child proof thing. I could be wrong but this has happened to me before.

4. jahanzeb sajjad khan

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i tried the resetting procedure i think the problem is sothing else i will try to check the contacts of the switch.
    which button are you talking about where is it ???

i will surely , i see you are a member Since 2005 you must bhe having very good experience regarding prius

#4 jahanzeb sajjad khan, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2020
  5. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try pushing the "unlock" button at the drivers console (on your driver's door) then, cycle through all four of your switches from the same console, then go to each switch at each door and test it there. If that doesn't work, go to bisco's suggestion.