1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Past 41,000 mi

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by socalpc3, Dec 19, 2012.

1. socalpc3

socalpc3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So far so good. Changed the oil every 5k. I just have a few questions: My mechanic accidentally drained a little bit of fluid from the plug to the left of the oil drain, does anyone know what that is? Also thinking of changing the transmission fluid, should I wait till 60K?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cool. I think you're changing your oil way too often. The OCI is 10K miles per Toyota Synthetic Motor Oil Change and Replacement Services and Information.

Judging by a UOA of the transaxle fluid someone posted before (of some other Prius, not a c), I think you may as well change it now. At least a lot of the metal junk will be out of there. I'd imagine there will be a magnet too. It'd be interesting to know how many shavings are in there.

OTOH, I don't know if anyone has done a UOA of the transmission fluid on a Prius c, but if not, if you're willing to spend the $, an analysis by Blackstone Labs (followed by one much later) might be interesting for others to see if they should/shouldn't change it early.

3. ShaAnn

ShaAnn Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My car just turned over to 30,000 miles....I went out and put in a new cabin air filter and engine air filter....both were dirty and needed to be changed...I will rotate tires at Firestone dealer and have oil changed....she is a great little car...no complaints except with dim dark headlights that need to be raised several inches....

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just changed my daughters '08 filters at 80,000 miles. they were pretty dirty. put new sneakers on her too. car is running like a champ.

Raytheeagle likes this.