1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PCS check system / check hybrid system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Ahmad, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Ahmad

Ahmad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have prius 2011 200k KM equiped with PCS, for some reason while i am driving msg appeared on the dash ( Check pcs system / check hybried system) with orange triangle and start losing the speed , i check the car with OBD using the following app (torque pro, car scanner) no errors, also i have check the car with techstream also there are no errors stored.

With two following procedures i can clear the errors
    - clear errors by using the torque pro
    - start the turn off the car three times and on the forth time everything's back to normal

This happening almost eveyday, i though there are some dirt on the lens (front toyota logo and underneath sensors) i clean it but nothing happened.

For your kind help.

2. Noeylicious

Noeylicious Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    have the same issue 2 weeks ago. Now I just drive the car till Thursday and see what happens.

3. BiaoH

BiaoH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You need techstream to read the hybrid system error. OBD2 generic reader might not work.

4. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dr prius app might be able to scan the issue.

5. Noeylicious

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Going to the Dealer tomorrow. They have Techstream. Last 2 weeks ago, it has same issue so I called some technician from FB. They replaced the traction Battery. Clear the codes. But they couldn’t clear the PCS system. It was fine for 2 weeks the indicator arrows in the dash came back. They said that the rear speed sensor might be bad. I took the car home replaced the Rear passenger hub. Tried resetting it by shorting the terminal 4 and 13 Where you put the OBDIi reader. Start the car but the Check PCS system still there with the ! Light abs lights break lights still lit. It’s up to the Dealer now what can they do. I might just end up trading it in‍♂️.

nicoj36 likes this.
  6. Noeylicious

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At first Dealer said it was the Cable in the front passenger side. came back he said the rear driver side. need to be replaced as well. Now he said he need to wait for the car to be finished tomorrow. waiting game tsk tsk tsk.