1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PCS (Pedestrian-avoidance)

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Feb 16, 2014.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I bought the 2010 Prius for my wife and she has the maladies that come with age. I'm not expecting 100% safety from the systems, I'd be happy with 75% in the first generation and improvements as field experience teaches the lessons that can not be learned in the lab.

Bob Wilson

austingreen likes this.
  2. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 1994 Honda motorcycle has ABS and tractioncontrol. A 7000+ Dutch guilder option :eek: , or a 25% premium on the baseprice :cry: . And nothing else was different, a few years later you at least also got a combined brakingsystem and bigger discs and brakes...

And as of 2015 (iirc) ABS will be mandatory on all new motorcycles sold :D .

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I know costs have gone down, but what about people that just want a really cheap bike. Most don't ride in very bad weather, which is when the abs is importantant.

Absolutely agree though that these pedestrian avoidance systems will get better and go down in price as the technology flows down the cost curve. Right now its the good sensors, but these also follow moore's law, and they should drop in price like the digital cameras needed in the system did.