1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PCV replacement in the v - accessible from above?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by anewhouse, Jan 2, 2017.

1. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm approaching 100K miles on my v, and am planning on doing several maintenance items including spark plugs and PCV replacement. Most of the threads/videos I can find about replacing the PCV in a gen3 describe a very awkward reach up from underneath, with limited wrenching space, to access the PCV. Since I'll have the windshield wiper motors etc. removed to replace spark plugs anyway, I'm wondering whether the PCV will be more easily accessible from the top.
    Has anyone tried this, or should I plan on working from underneath?

Reason I'm asking (rather than just looking for myself once it's dissembled) is that I intend to do oil + ATF changes soon, so I'll already be working from underneath with the undercovers off. If that's the best way to access the PCV, I'll do it then. But if it'll be easier to reach from the top when I do my plugs, I'll wait.

On a related note, is there anything else I should check/replace, along with plugs (and maybe PCV), when I have the wipers/motor/etc. removed?

TIA!

Steven Craig likes this.