1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PCV valve specs for Gen2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Hybridkarpower, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Hybridkarpower

Hybridkarpower Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Gents:

I plan on replacing the PCV valve for my Gen2 as routine maintenance since vehicle is reaching 110K.

Is OEM valve mandatory ? Has anyone where experienced any problems with after market PCVs ?

O'Reilly AP carries MasterPro PCV valve that's is supposedly calibrated to OE pressure & CFM, price isn't a big deal, but it is easier for me to pick one up from O'Reilly than driving out of my way to a dealer.

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yesterday I took my 2009 Gen II to dealer for 108,000 mile service (change oil, filter, check everything, rotate tyres) and change sparking-plugs and they recommended I change PCV (for just the cost of the part ($12), usually they charge labour, but as they were doing the service anyway…) - :)

#2 WilDavis, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. EcoRovin

EcoRovin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    For the minor price difference I have always used oem unless there is a well documented (and real world tested) better aftermarket alternative. Maybe get the Toyota part# and order online to save gas/time driving to dealer?

4. EcoRovin

EcoRovin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Premium
    .....I learned a long time ago that the O'reilly's and Autozone's are great for many things but oil filters, plugs, pcv, egr valves, factory designed performance parts are almost always a better fit from the manufacturer...especially with Asian and Euro cars!