1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pentagon: Gays Are "Sick"

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ghostofjk, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 2 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]342908[/snapback]</div>
    I never doubted that you were a REAL PERSON...and this confirms it!

Thank you for sharing this with us. I can not tell you how much I appreciate it, and how much more of an insight it gives me into where you're coming from. I'm really speechless right now (not an easy thing to accomplish!); shaking my head and smiling.

I really admire what you've just written, and that you chose to.

I, too, had a similar experience, but mine was after high school, after my folks had been killed in a car accident, while I was homeless and sleeping in my Pinto (thus, the handle). I knew what I was 'supposed' to want, but also couldn't deny the other thing that I *also* wanted. But I have (at least for now) settled on being bisexual, more because (I feel like I'm blushing now) sex for me is a physical expression of my love and respect for someone...I tend to fall in love with someone's spirit...their soul...first. And sometimes it seems to be habitating a male body, sometimes a female one.

Once I gave myself permission to realize that my feelings were what they were, and the moral judgements I'd attached to them were superfluous, the trama and the shame of my feelings just melted away and it actually became not such a big deal anymore.

PriusGuy04---you're a ROCK STAR!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 2 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]342908[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, yes...an example of how keeping certain things hidden is actually much more hurtful than confronting them.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Gee this would have made a good thread with a poll

after sexual experimentation did you find yourself choosing:

Homosexual Y/N

Hetrosexual Y/N

Bisexual Y/N

As a way of life & why.

This would answer alot of questions on both sides of the coin, with out being vulgar or explicit.

I have had several relitives die of HIV in the pre-86 years when it really wasn't a well known disease. :unsure:

There are reprecussions to the choices we make in life. some good & some bad its up to us to work through it and in the end we make ourselves better people no matter what or who we are. ;)

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 2 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]342930[/snapback]</div>
    You're right; there's lots we don't know. But we *do* know more than we did a little bit ago. And I'm always searching for the commonalities...the differences are usually readily apparent.

Lesbian Y/N Homosexual Y/N <---These two are interchangable, aren't they? I thought, initially, this was where I was going to end up. It had nothing to do with a bad experience or anything, just listening to my body.

Hetrosexual Y/N <---- At least I'm 50% hetero, right...? [smile]

Bisexual Y/N <---- As I said earlier, it's about someone's spirit and soul for me; who they are as a person has more to do with creating attraction than a specific desire to be with a certain gender.

Basically, it seems to me that sex -- the act itself -- is about polarity. The man feels bigger and stronger and more masculine, and the woman feels smaller and more delicate and more feminine...right? If you accept that as a working hypothesis, then I can add that this dynamic isn't really that important to me.

Don't really know how else to explain it.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 2 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]342937[/snapback]</div>
    Well put.... ;)

The man feels bigger and stronger and more masculine, and the woman feels smaller and more delicate and more feminine these roles can change person to person. I had aquaintence friend that I would swear was 100% Gay, he was very afeminate & he was a married hetro. The reason for his fem act, that was his DNA make up. (this I believe to be true, Born that way) I have had flamboyant hairstylists cut my hair, that kinda make me feel like sick, I think its the prissyness of it. men are thought of as being the Alpha male blue collar types.

women can be thought of as sugar and spice and everything nice B) but there are quite a few with shaved heads that make you think hmmm is that a guy? when in reality they are the Alpha female or they like a short cut.. :)

5. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 2 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]342956[/snapback]</div>
    OK but if you are Bi (like me) what traits do you prefer in a partner? I prefer masculine men and feminine women.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Nov 2 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]342968[/snapback]</div>
    I prefer masculine men and feminine women as my friends.

There are alot of Homophobes in the world, this is due to they do not understand the lifestyle (all they see & hear is the negitives) After H.S. exploration I chose the hetrosexual road and have been on that road ever since...

alot of people group bisexuals with homosexuals the same lable... This just is not the case, bisexuals where looked down upon by the gay crowd for a long time as being fakes, because they did not want to *just be* gay or *just be* straight, to them a bi person could dabble with both and beable to choose which road they wish to travel ..

If one could take a poll, on how many guys have the fantasy of being with two women at the same time. The women would have to be bisexual to make it real life.. Is that frowned upon? sure by some, but not all ;) .

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Nov 2 2006, 06:36 PM) [snapback]342968[/snapback]</div>
    OK, your avatar just revealed a whole new facet to me as to what it means to be "Bi". A tele-tubby with the grim reapers sickle? That is sick man!! :lol: :p :D

Wildkow

8. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So we have realized now that sex is a bit more complicated than I am gay or str8 or bi.... That's ok, right?

Why be so judgemental? Why be so harsh on those that aren't str8?

The world of sex and intimacy is a bit more complicated than choice, and some may choose a way of life- or tell people that, but who are we to judge?

Like people have mentioned, it's pretty well know that many married people cheat- either with the same sex, or the opposite sex, so why are we calling gays bad?

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Nov 3 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]343332[/snapback]</div>
    Well, for what it's worth, I do think there is a very visible minority that has a tendency to place homosexual issues directly in the faces of people, in manners which either visually or verbally can assult those who'd prefer not to receive this sort of communication...and before really giving them the opportunity to reason through the issue in a more, ummmm...less emotional manner...

I was really worried that I might have taken this subject too far, and wanted to apologize to anyone out there who might have been offended by some of my 'revelations.'

One of the things I try to be aware of is that stuff like this is a lot to wrap one's brain around, and if a person is not in a "mode" (for lack of a better word) to receive this information, then I'd humbly suggest that it's best to not press the issue at that time. Perhaps another way to say it is that it's important to gauge if folks are feeling receptive, and that's especially difficult on the Internet...and I was a little concerned.

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sexuality is a spectrum, not a yes/no either/or question. I never understood why some people are so rabid about it. We're all human. Aren't we?

11. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Nov 3 2006, 03:26 PM) [snapback]343332[/snapback]</div>
    ...because MOST of the world is, in fact, contrary to the popular belief of the gay community, is 100% straight. To put it bluntly, generally, anytime anyone is different from any norm they get frowned upon, and it's, rest assured, not only gays....

This sounds a lot like prejudice against "married people"....

*many* people cheat in ANY form of relationship, regardless of what color the wood is painted.... Know what I mean billie jean??

12. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Nov 3 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]343377[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, yes.

And we have even more potential for greatness as the *United* States of America. There are so many other, more pressing concerns that frankly have nothing to do with if we're gay or straight...just that we're American.

If we can continue to work to preserve decency in public discourse (and in public, generally -- I'm a bit of a prude, I guess) I suspect that we'll find our differences are actually a lot less of an issue than they seem to be now.

Here's a personal example: I've -- on this very Website -- railed against Christianity. And yet, I often attend Church with many different congregations, seeking not to pray but just to be quiet and introspective and to take a moment from the importance of being 'me' to focus on something else. Also, I do appreciate the stability and values that some parents I've met seem to want to pass on to their children; as much as I appreciate freedom of expression and individuality, I think there's still a big need for being willing to participate in "we" and avoid a complete fall into moral relativism.

But somehow, the strength and emotion of the arguments here made me feel that I had to harden my stance, and move further in the opposite direction...even to the point of going against some of the things I practice myself.

This, I think, is what's happening on a National level.

I'd humbly suggest that we need to put a stop to it before it's too late; of this I'm convinced.

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 3 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]343386[/snapback]</div>
    Would you please elaborate on this further? Prejudice against married people? I don't understand.

Also, just because something "is" doesn't mean that we can't change it.

So many of us today I think are actually feeling really powerless to control a lot of the things that impact our lives directly...when, actually, just about every decision we make either empowers us...or contributes to our servitude.

Issues (such as homosexuality) that divide us are actually the tools of the power elite, used to manipulate the emotions of the citizenry at large.

I'm quite sure that we can better our country under either Republican or Democratic leadership. But only if we're united.

14. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 3 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]343399[/snapback]</div>
    I think the citizenry at large can be evaluated in the.... on average... 79% FOR votes in the states who have had the state constitutional amendment votes. Is it 17 for 17 now?

Even Oregon who has assisted suicide passed theirs beyond the 50% level.

So, when you toss in the people who are not "into it" but figure that it's fine if people want to do what they want to do, you get 21% support.

The masses are not 'into it' which is why the gay agenda is being pushed so hard... teach it in 1st grade and up so that in a generation, maybe you'll have the votes to get this stuff passed.

But wait... there is no gay agenda, I must be mistaken...

15. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Nov 3 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]343386[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed, people cheat in all sorts of relationships - however the quote " Like people have mentioned, it's pretty well know that many married people cheat- either with the same sex, or the opposite sex, so why are we calling gays bad?" wasn't being prejudiced against married people. Instead, he was replying to the previous posts about people cheating on their spouses with same-sexed partners... Why single out those who cheat that way over those who cheat other ways?

16. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 3 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]343411[/snapback]</div>

Here's the problem. The 'will of the people' is often underinformed.

Most folks were for slavery.

Most folks were for banning interracial marriages.

Most people were for segregation.

Now lots of folks are for writing discrimination against a group of people into either their State or the Federal Constitution.

That's why we have laws and judges and rules that we all agree on. To prevent mob rule, and ensure that minorities are granted adequate representation.

That's why this Country is so great, and that's why our Soldiers have given their lives for us. So we all can *be.*

17. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 3 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]343411[/snapback]</div>
    Substitute the word 'gay' with 'black', 'jew', 'spic', or 'chink' and think of it as a human rights agenda.

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Disclaimer, I try to look at both sides of the coin while replying indepth:

Ok Im not sure about those who have been brought up in the late 70' & up but it has been taught by most parents that being Gay is a horrible thing.. I feel its ok to be a gay person, however the gay people move to other parts of the country where their lifestyle is not as accepted as other places, and they are open & outwardly gay with thier partners, some people tend to become irritated by this fact.. (why can a hetroseual couple openly show PDAs and gays cant)? Again its taught that hetrosexual interaction is normal....

I laugh when I see someone say its not a choice & its in their DNA makeup, then they turn to dotors and such as proof positive, again who says they are right in thier prognosis? Science? who says that its correct? ect, ect... I guess one chooses to believe in science as others believe theres a God..

Sure a person can have more Ys than Xs and it would change a few things. But in these days there are alot of parents that let their kids do what they want with little, to no guidance of right & wrong. I've heard from a few parents "what can I do? their an individual with their own feelings, we just let them grow and learn from the basics we taught them their free to make their own choices" :eek: :blink: :huh: :mellow: These people are parents? some had their kids when they were 16.

Some Gay people are initiated into the lifestyle and again its a choice, Some unattended children are initiated by older persons in bathrooms or while being baby sat this is not a choice...

Some people have been abused by the opposite sex at a young age, and they turn to thier peers for friendship and what ever...

I do not care what books say, you want to know why a person what they do? ask them, and start from child hood. when did they first know they where gay? did they have issues approaching the opposite sex, when was the first time they had same sex relations?? these will all factor in as to a choice or no choice outcome.

Most of the time it can be explained, but sometimes can bring out alot of hurt.

I cant see why one would want the torment of being gay from others but some just go on and distance themselves from the haters.

I know from what Ive seen & heard while growing up & now in my adult life.. How a person acts most of the time stem from traits learned in childhood... (if there was truamatic incidents caused by abuse, the person most of the time will block out those memories like it never happend).

It would be interesting to see how many homosexual/bisexual & straight people there are in the country and on PC. We know each other by our nicknames and for the most part are annonomus...

If it isn't spelled right , I dont care.. :p

Same sex marriage is a union of two people not the same as man/woman. Look for the attempts to be seperated after they unite. they become shocked when they just cant divorce like married hetrosexuals can.
    Gay unions carry lots more red tape. And of course put another strain on the insurance industry having to insure ones partner.

In the end ,what we do in private is our own business and shouldnt be looked down upon for how we live our lives, our lifestyles, what we drive or how much money we make. We are adults we live in a country where we have freedoms Enjoy it.. ;)

Ooook, so now we are going to compare a persons Sexuality to a persons race?? since when did being Gay/Bi or straight become a way to compare ones race? :huh:

Someone google for the Human rights agenda & the Gay rights agenda and post them so we can all read them... :)

I understand the equal rights as partners, hetros call their partners: roomates, fiance, girl/boy friend husband/wife, significant other, soulmate or life partner.. A gay couple can do this easily.

Another argument heard of is there are gay animals male or female that hump their same sex, this is a way they show whos dominant inthe pack..

19. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 3 2006, 02:13 PM) [snapback]343415[/snapback]</div>
    No... That's not it...

Gay marriage is just the wrong thing for society and the people know it.

Don't try to read or think too much into it.. it's just as it is...

I heard updated numbers on the way home.... I guess it's 21 states with an average margin passing the marriage protection amendments by 71%...

There are 8 states on tap for tuesday, we'll see how many more pass. I'd guess it will be all 8, but we will know more on wednesday.

20. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Nov 3 2006, 06:30 PM) [snapback]343512[/snapback]</div>
    If someone tells you "this is my wife/husband" you immediately understand who that person is to them. If you tell people this is my "partner" or "significant other" there is a level of confusion even though the relationship may be just as strong as if they are legally "married". Can you understand that concept?

IMHO That is the ROOT of the whole gay marriage issue - they are NOT being treated equally.

No one is asking for "special" priveliges or anything like that - just equal rights. If it was illegal to marry outside your race, or religion, or socio-economic class, people would be screaming bloody murder.

This is a VERY simple issue of just wanting to be treated the same way as others.