1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pentagon: Gays Are "Sick"

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ghostofjk, Jun 20, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 3 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]343510[/snapback]</div>
    Why don't you go ahead and tell the Rev. Ted Haggard that the homosexual urges and temptations, that were contrary to his teachings and which he was battling his entire life, were a choice.

Denver Post - Disgraced Haggard: I am a "deceiver and a liar"

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 5 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]344197[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

But I will humor you with an answer to your question, B)

His urges & temtations where a choice & he chose to act on them & now he will have to face the piper...... :lol: :p :)

I have the urge to go out and sleep with a new woman every week. Do I do it? No I choose not to.... Again that would be construded as a sexual urge right? Its my choice to stay faithful to my spouse ;)

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 5 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]344201[/snapback]</div>
    From Wikipedia®:

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 5 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]344242[/snapback]</div>
    Well, Ok I stand corrected One cannot state thier personal opinion..

There goes your fredom of speech, Thanks I will retract my statment per wikpedia. :p

But along those lines I would venture to say that everyone in FHOP has been or is guilty of this in most other threads, in regards to anyone that doesnt think the way they do.. I would hope that others that read this would remember the below meaning..

In my book I didnt attack you, I mearly stated my opinion in public rather than the twisting ability of the pm.
    For this I am Guilty :rolleyes: :mellow:

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Nov 2 2006, 07:34 AM) [snapback]342527[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmmmm you didn't answer the question. First of all these people you are mentioning don't appoint anyone to positions of power within the administration, the President does that. So my question stands, and as I see by your reply it still stands un-answered. But I think you know the answer. You just don't want to be the one to reveal the gross hypocrisy of the Left.

Wildkow

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here you go, some intresting reading regarding Homosexuality......
    If you get the time, look over all of them before replying.. Thanks :)
    Pioneer McDonald's Worldwide Theology Seminar :: View topic ...
    http://www.careycentre.com/wilson/viewtopi...9d04d57de870ab9

Despite daunting persecution of gays in many countires, a guest author surveys mid-nineties optimistic gains in gay expression, gay pride activity and legal status around the world.
    http://www.globalgayz.com/worldgays.html

Homosexual 'World Pride' event in Jerusalem postponed - (BP)
    http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=20732

Homosexual marriage is a logical and necessary outcome of liberalism;
    http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/000443.html

BBC Adopts Sharia Policies, Stones Gay Staff .
    http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=876

History of homosexual people in Nazi Germany and the Holocaust
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_gays_in_Nazi_Germany_and_the_Holocaust

Did You Ever Wonder
    http://www.emory.edu/CAMPUS_LIFE/LGBTOFFIC...nder/index.html

The American Presidency Project
    http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=46867

Homosexuality - Is It Wrong?
    http://www.tru.ca/ae/php/phil/mclaughl/stu...il224/mk/p1.htm

Portrayal of Homosexuality in the Media
    http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/tcom/facul...4/gp16/gp16.pdf -

World Laws
    http://www.sodomylaws.org/world/world.htm

Gay marriage around the globe
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4081999.stm

Homosexuality laws of the world:
    http://www.answers.com/topic/homosexuality-laws-of-the-world

Homosexuality
    Introduction
    http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/sbs777/vital/homosex.html

homosexuals risk 25 years in prison
    http://www.mask.org.za/article.php?cat=tanzania&id=597

Sex and Marriage: Homosexuality (this ones intresting)
    http://anthro.palomar.edu/marriage/marriage_6.htm

The UK gay rights group, OutRage!, has just issued a report of the gay exterminations going on in Iran
    http://gaypatriot.net/2006/04/21/report-ir...g-false-charges

what is bisexuality
    http://www.lgbtcenter.northwestern.edu/support-bisexual.html

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    WHERE IS MY ANSWER?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 1 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]342316[/snapback]</div>
    Come on you guys I see several cartoons depecting 'W' as homophobic lets see if you can come up with a non-answer like Ericgo. :lol: [attachmentid=5613] :lol:

Wildkow

p.s. Forget it I will just start a poll and bring this issue to into the light of the facts.

Attached Files:

8. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It doesn't matter, don't you see?

I'm not a proponent of any agenda; I honestly believe that our country could prosper under Democratic, Republican, or even (conceivably), third party leadership.

Here's another quote from the forward to 'Airman's Odyssey."

"I wish to preserve on Earth every type of person, and the unique energy that radiates from them."

That spirit is what made our country great; without it we will perish.

Honestly, I don't know the answer to your question.

I would pose the questions to you: why is this so important, and how has it helped or hindered the lives of average people who probably fly under your 'gaydar' constantly...who pay taxes...and who contribute to society just like everybody else...?

As far as Mr. Bush being 'homophobic,' while it's difficult to really know where any politician stands, there are a number of clips and statements of his which do seem to support the accusation. Remember when 'Brokeback Mountain' came out and he was asked if he'd seen the movie (it was about ranching after all)...do you recall the tone of his reply?

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 5 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]344197[/snapback]</div>
    I'm really scared of the word 'choice' entering the discussion. There's a wide spectrum here; some people truly are drawn towards the same sex without making a conscious decision about it, some aren't. Where a person falls in that spectrum and how hard they 'try' to 'repress' the 'desire' to 'be' gay...honestly, I don't think that it should even be a matter of repressing 'wrong' 'emotions.'

Human sexuality activates some very basic and instinctual drives within us and it can lead to some *huge* issues when we repress these traits about ourselves because we feel it's necessary...clearly, there was a profound impact on Mr. Haggard.

I agree with IsrAmeriPrius: whatever you call it, the 'urge' was pretty darn overwhelming. How strong does it have to 'be' before it's somehow 'legitimate'?

My main concern is that crystal meth is known to drop one's inhibitions...what worries me is that his judgement might have been clouded by the 'glass.' If we knew he was sober, then I think it's clear cut...but if he was tweaking, anything could have happened and he may or may not regret it himself.

W E D O N ' T K N O W .

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's homophobia that's the disease, not homosexuality.

The wording of your 'poll', Wildkow, does not deserve the dignity of a response.

11. Shane

Shane New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 6 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]344609[/snapback]</div>
    Pinto Girl, according to the letter that was read to Mr. Haggard's congregation, he has struggeled with these sexual "problems" his entire adult life. This would indicate to me that he is truly homosexual. Apparently fighting who you truly are inside doesn't do any good. Of course, most of us know that.

12. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shane @ Nov 6 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]344655[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed, 110%. Fighting who you truly are inside doesn't do any good. I was only responding to the issue of 'choice' by saying (perhaps not well) that only we as individuals know whether we're gay or straight...and that the term 'choice' tends to imply 'I'd be fine either way' when that's usually not true in the case of sexual preference (bisexuals excepted).

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 6 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]344691[/snapback]</div>
    Questions:
    1) For a gay person, what age did you realise you where gay & where?

2) Did you experiment with curiosity of other males as a child? (some call this human developement)

3) Did you get indoctrined/initiated by someone else friend or older person?

4) Did you suffer from any abuse (spanked or told its wrong to touch things ie:____) in regards to sexual desires?

5) Did you suffer from physical or sexual abuse from the opposite sex?

6) What age where you & how did you find out the difference between gay, straight & Bi?

These questions should be answered as honestly as possible... if one chooses to do so.... I know some are quite personal.

I guess you could say it boils down to "Gay Politics" similar to those in the work place..... ;)

A person may have urges to sleep with the same sex or the opposit sex. Again its a 'choice' Im afraid its still there. Maybe in another 2 decades everyone will believe That gay people are born that way. But they still make the choice to be gay and give into their urges to be with another man. I'm not going to preach that being gay is wrong ..... I would be a hypocrit in doing so...... :huh:

Lets see if I can word this so you can grasp what Im pointing out.

I see a hott woman and she has a good looking BF and I have an URGE to sleep with both at the same time and they are open to the idea. I would have to make that "Choice" of giving into my urges/desires to sleep with them or pass on the idea.. :mellow:

If you choose to be GAY and your proud of the fact; stand up, BE PROUD of the 'choice' you've made to be happy with who you want to be and give in to your urges! Dont try and hide behind the fact your born that way....! ;)

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 6 2006, 06:46 PM) [snapback]344758[/snapback]</div>
    First off, you can be gay and never have homosexual sex. The 'who' you are is independant of the 'what' you do.

'Kay...this is now the *third* time you've asked these questions.

I'm bi, so take that into consideration. I can honestly tell you that I came from a loving and stable upper middle class family which attended Church weekly, I've never been abused or even spanked by parents or other authority figures, I was never initiated (or whatever you want to call it) by an 'experienced' homosexual, either.

I think that anyone who knows me would say that my childhood and teen years were very average to the point of being dull. I wasn't a popular girl always going on dates, just a normal, slightly insecure kid.

The only negative messaging I received about homosexuality is what we all received during my formative years (for example, rent the movie called 'The Celluloid Closet' for more on anti-homosexual messaging in the movies and on TV). I did somehow take away from my folks that being gay was bad, but I don't honestly remember that sort of discussion (either Biblically based, or during 'the birds and the bees' talk).

My folks and I were really, really close and from everything I can remember, a fully functional and actualized family unit. I'm telling you the God's honest truth when I say that I strongly believe that there were no issues which somehow skewed my development, if that's what you're getting at...?

It's just how one feels...regardless of what one does.

15. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Frankly, I don't see the purpose of priusguy04's questionnaire. My knee jerk reaction is to ask, "When did you realize you were heterosexual?", etc...

16. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 6 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]344767[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you Pinto..

I agree, it is how one feels regardless of what one does. I feel bad for the minister's family, I truely feel that if a person wants to be gay/bi/str8 they make the choice to be who they want. Just dont cram it down the throats of str8's to prove a point.. that just causes more strife, kinda like the jehovas witnesses that sweep through the neighborhoods every month pushing the watch tower in your face... (tip for them; Tell them your baptized in another religion they normally leave).. ;)

I really didn't think I had put the questions out 3 times in an actual format, The questions are not to be replied to unless someone wanted as I said some are quite personal.....

17. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 6 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]344791[/snapback]</div>
    But what's your goal or the purpose of the questionnaire?

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dancekat59 @ Nov 6 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]344811[/snapback]</div>
    The goal was to point out that some people choose to become gay
    due to things that may have happened in their life. Not everyone can be grouped into one Yes there are some people that are gay and never act on the urges with another, because they feel they are gay. But can you be a homosexual if you've never acted on your urges and were with another man? ( that confuses me) I would say no they wouldn't..

To say a person is "born that way", is like asking:

1) Is a pedofile, born a pedofile? Or are they acting on an urge? Where did the urge come from?

2) Is a person thats into beastiality, born that way? Or acting on a urge? Where did the urge come from?

3) Is a person thats into necrophilia, born that way? Or acting on a urge? Where did the urge come from?

Im not trying to say Homosexuality is a part of the above grouping of questions as the examples are sicker than anything a hetrosexual could try to compair to homosexuals, however the questions could fall under the stated "born that way" argument. :rolleyes:

I'm done with the questions, I have stated that Im open minded in alot of areas and will listen to reason. Im not going to gay bash I think they should be happy with their *choices* in life, and realise that their equality to Hetro-marriages is a ways off in the USA.
    Sure there are countries that condone it, but there are others that dont.. :mellow: ......

As for being Hetrosexual, I think its a taught behaviour seeing mom & dad ie male & female couples together, its just the natural order you can't procreate to full term with out a woman.. ;)

Peace B)

19. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Nov 6 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]344827[/snapback]</div>
    I understand your questioning of how it appears unlikely that lgbt (lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender) people, pedophiles, etc. are born that way. However, the opposite argument seems unlikely, too. Your explanation or reason of why you are straight is weak. I, too, was raised seeing my mom & dad and the rest of the largely heterosexual world, yet I am a lesbian. And no, I have no "bad experiences" or was "influenced" in any way. My attraction to people of the same sex is as "natural" as your attraction to people of the opposite sex. Living my life as a lesbian is a choice, but my attraction to people of same sex is definitely NOT a choice.

20. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dancekat59 @ Nov 8 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]345715[/snapback]</div>
    Well put, dancekat. If I had used my parents as a template for relationships, I probably would have "chosen" to be gay. Believe me, they were no role models. Through my life I made the choice to be in relationships with women. The only other choice I had was to be single.