1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

People Interested In Charging Primes in Public

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by EyePrime, May 8, 2018.

1. 2015BlizzardPriusFour

2015BlizzardPriusFour Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I haven’t taken the Prius Prime to public charging yet, but always get stupid questions when I plug my smart in. Like “what’s the gas mileage on that little car?” Um, I’m plugging it in. It’s electric. But then again, I get the same stupid questions in reverse when I’m filling up my gas smart at the pump, “how long does it take to charge and how far can you go?” Um, I’m at a GAS pump, putting in premium, what do you mean charge and range?

I usually charge the Prius and the smart electric at home since we have solar. I’m stopping by more chargepoint stations now with the smart since I have the $100 credit for buying our prime.

iPad ?

EyePrime and Dudley1030 like this.
  2. Dudley1030

Dudley1030 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have the same issue with my work. They have "free" chargers in the new parking garage. However, the charge for the public in the parking garage goes like this: "first 30" min free, $1 per 30 min thereafter for a max charge of $5 per day. So if it takes 2.5 hours to fully charge that would cost $4. That's about $8 for what you could drive on one gallon of gas. Not really a "free" charger for the public. As an employee, I would have to pay $60.84 per month to park in that garage. I work 14 days per month. So if I would charge my car each time I park, it costs $4.34 each time. ($60.84/14). It costs me $0.84 for a full charge at home. Not such a good deal in the work parking garage.

3. EazyPeazy

EazyPeazy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I’m gonna ask my work landlord if he can install a 120V outlet outside the building. It’s an 8 hour workday so the charging method would be just fine for me.